Accounting Manager (non-profit)
Jobot Monroe, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions and provides organizational support for administrative operations; ensuring adherence to established internal controls and with an eye to accuracy, efficiency and continuous improvement.
Why join us?
The successful candidate will have experience with general ledger, A/P, A/R, month-end close processes and have intermediate Excel experience and excellent data entry skills.
- Oversee and process all A/P invoices, ensuring timely approval and proper GL coding; maintain all vendor data files with accurate account information; ensure timely processing of vendor payments; and preparation of 1099’s.
- Oversee and process all A/R invoices for internal staff purchases, ensuring proper coding; monitoring past due accounts, providing statements and reminder notices on a regular basis.
- Perform data entry of all receipts into the accounting system, ensuring proper coding and reconciliation with the donor database.
- Oversee all cash activity, including office petty cash; program specific cash transactions and gift shop cash sales, providing monthly reconciliations and reports on a monthly basis.
- Perform a variety of monthly financial reconciliations between various software applications.
- Ownership of month-end close process, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Prepare month-end financial reports and summaries for multiple departments and consolidated reports as required.
- Monitor and track all Restricted Fund donations and related expenses and ensure accurate accounting of same.
- Monitor general ledger accounts to ensure accurate coding and prepare regular reconciliations of various accounts as required.
- Prepare and process quarterly B&O taxes, ensuring accuracy and timely filing
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Maintain accurate fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with preparation of budget worksheets and data entry of budgets into the accounting system.
- Assist the Finance & Admin Director with annual audit preparation.
- Provide pro-active recommendations on cost-saving measures.
- Assist the Finance & Admin Director with a variety of projects as necessary.
- Implement new software and processes as necessary to support all programs, and provide staff training on new systems as required.
- Provide general HR support, such as facilitating on-boarding; updating policy documents; maintaining schedules of licenses & certifications and coordinating staff functions.
- Maintain accurate equipment lists to ensure that all assigned equipment is tracked and returned when necessary.
- Provide general IT systems administration, such as assisting staff with minor software or hardware issues; researching & pricing new hardware/software and coordinating with IT service provider to ensure timely resolution to major issues.
- Ensure effective tracking of licenses and registrations (vehicle, sanctuary, business, etc.)
- Provide general supervision of the Finance & Administration Coordinator.
- Assist with office management and make proactive recommendations for process improvements.
- Oversee all archived files and ensure that document retention policies are followed by all staff members.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related position.
- Must have experience with month-end accounting for multiple divisions or programs and have a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Must have strong work ethics and a positive, professional attitude.
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch and be able to learn new software applications with minimal instruction.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, accounting principles knowledge, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jobot