We are looking for a Controller who has experience with Yardi Property Management Software.
Primary responsibilities include all reporting and administrative requirements regarding the financial operations of the corporation and its affiliates. Supervise the director of accounting, manager grants management, payroll supervisor and accounts payable supervisor and provide oversight with respect to the general ledger accounts receivable and accounts payable, cost reporting, payroll, and all aspects of financial reporting for funding and/or regulatory entities, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Provide oversight for the accounting and financial reporting for the corporations affiliates, including corporate consolidation and management of intercompany transactions. The Controller will assist with the coordination and provide oversight of the annual budgeting process, including financial analysis and forecasting. The Controller will coordinate the preparation of the corporation and its affiliates corporate tax returns with outside CPA. In addition the controller will be responsible for oversight of the annual year-end audit and other regulatory agency audits for the corporation and its affiliates. The Controller will meet with the VP of Finance and CFO frequently to provide financial reports and advise on financial matters, establish and maintain good banking relations, arrange and monitor lines of credit and other treasury functions, meet with Division Vice Presidents, Assistant Vice Presidents and Directors on an as-needed basis to discuss financial performance of the division, and advise the VP of Finance and CFO of relative legal and financial matters. Advise VP Finance and CFO on suggested personnel changes in order to meet the increase/decrease in demand for changes in corporate operations. The controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues to creating procedures to make the close and reporting process more efficient and accurate.
- Completes subordinates performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Supervises all aspects of the Company's accounting, investments, payables and credit functions.
- Directs the production of monthly financial statements and all other internal and external financial reporting related to the corporation and its affiliates, including consolidation and intercompany transactions
- Oversees the development of the financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements, including consolidation of affiliated organizations
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and budget reports
- Maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system)
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget and other budgets and financial forecasts
- Responsible for fiscal compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments
- Reviews, documents and assists with procedures to ensure an efficient and effective financial statement month-end close
- Assists in day to day operations of the accounting and finance department
- Assists and/or prepares new program development budgets as necessary
- Reviews grant billings and/or other revenue generating billings to assure revenue maximization