Unemployment Claims Coordinator
The purpose of the Unemployment Claims Coordinator is to review, process, and respond to unemployment insurance claims for our clients and work-site employees. This role will be directly responsible for ensuring that our unemployment insurance claims program is performing at the highest level, while providing excellent customer service.
- Subject Matter Expert. Develops and maintains basic system and product knowledge, including an understanding of our product offering, and regulatory changes.
- Claims Processing. Responds to separation information requests, client and employee inquiries on claims status. Ensures that all forms are completed with detailed and accurate information within established time frames to ensure compliance with state agency regulations.
- Research. Communicates with clients to discuss separation reasons. Gathers necessary information to respond to state agency requests.
- Client Service. Provides client support including educating clients and claimants on our unemployment claims process. Responds in a timely manner to internal and external escalations to ensure ongoing client satisfaction and retention. Proactively informs clients of any changes that could impact their business. Provides additional support to the claims team as needed.
What We're Looking For
- Strong judgment and decision making. Able to make decisions independently.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver complex projects with minimal oversight.
- Works well with deadlines, strong prioritization skills.
- 2+ years of customer service experience in human resources, banking, food and beverage, or other related industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- 2+ years of claims insurance experience in auto, general liability, property, casualty, or related field.