Job Title: Client Services Associate
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Sr. Clinical Manager
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours (M-F)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Type: Field-Based: Yes No
JOB SUMMARY: The Client Services Associate is responsible for general clinical administrative support duties in line with the stated policies and procedures of C4K. The Client Services Associate shall perform the duties below.
General Administrative Duties
• Uphold the mission of Counseling4Kids.
• Serve as the primary contact in the reception area for clients and visitors.
• Perform general reception duties such as: maintaining the waiting area and therapeutic spaces.
• Assign and track all incoming client referrals and transfers, including: - Obtaining necessary referral information including releases from the child’s attorney.
• Communicating with the referring party about the ongoing status and needs of the client prior to assignment and making necessary referrals for clients when appropriate.
• Entering client data into all necessary databases, i.e. Exym.
• Entering client into the providers Medi-Cal batch once assigned.
• Checking Medi-Cal eligibility and referrals at the point of assignment.
• Open and close episodes in IBHIS System.
• Conduct PHI checks.
• Maintaining and managing a priority of service list as necessary, including prioritizing referred clients based on urgency of need and time referred.
• Coordinate transfer of clients to new therapist when needed, including making changes in IBHIS and Exym.
• Maintain correct client information in IBHIS and Exym, including ensuring that both systems contain identical client/case information and correcting discrepancies as needed.
• Create and maintain client Financial Folder including: - Complete Payer Financial Information (PFI) form and UMDAP at intake.
• Participate in the Clinical Department’s quality assurance, including utilization review.
• Open/close/update cases.
• Chart creation.
• Open/close/update cases in Exym and IBHIS.
• Review clinicians’ paperwork and make corrections, or alert clinician or supervisor as appropriate.
• Enter clinical paperwork into Exym and track all incoming hard copies of chart documentation.
• Close out of the Medi-Cal batch at discharge.
• Complete and update Service Request logs in Exym.
• Assist the clinical staff with administrative support on routine daily tasks and on special projects (i.e. help with letter-writing, copying, faxing, contacting providers and community partners, gathering materials, doing research, creating spread-sheets, tracking data, and creating reports).
• Running weekly reports, scanning and filing as needed.
• Attend weekly referral meetings.
• Track and assign all medication referrals.
• Assist Psychiatrist as needed, including: - Completing and tracking medication authorization forms.
• Making medication appointments and performing reminder phone calls to caregivers/clients and providers.
• Providing translation services.
• Providing support related to the physician’s completion of required documentation of services provided including ensuring that the medication services, goals, and signatures are added to the Client Treatment Plan when cases are opened and at the annual CTP renewal.
• Track completion of medication services on CTPs through reports in Exym.
• Assist with preparing for Clinical Department meetings and trainings as necessary.
• Participate in cross-training for administrative duties and functions and provide administrative coverage and support when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Note: In the event that the Agency requests the regular usage of bilingual skills, the passing score of 70% on a proficiency test is required to receive a monthly bilingual stipend; per the Agency’s Bilingual Stipend Policy.
• Customer Service
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• BA in psychology, social work or related field
Or one of the following equivalents:
• AA degree in related field and minimum 2 years relevant work experience
• 4 years related work experience in a mental health agency
• Knowledge of DMH systems and procedures
• Knowledge of the Integrated System and Medi-Cal billing
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred