JG ID #18-1826 - Elmhurst, IL 60126 - Diane Padilla, Lead Recruiter
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
Up to $17.00 per hour to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
As Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Answering phones, screening calls and directing callers to the appropriate personnel
- Providing basic information to callers when calls do not need to be transferred
- Retrieving after-hours calls from the answering service each morning and distributing voice messages to the appropriate personnel
- Warmly greeting and providing assistance to walk-in customers
- Opening, date-stamping and routing all incoming mail
- Monitoring office supply levels and reordering as necessary
- Monitoring office equipment and ordering service/maintenance when issues arise
- Distributing daily files
- Serving as the backup for closing the office
- Sorting, attaching and mailing invoices and past-due statements to customers
- Performing research upon request
- Assisting with the onboarding process for new employees
- Administering the Company cell phone account
- Assisting with special projects upon request
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- One year of reception, administrative and/or customer service (office) experience
- Experience operating a multi-line phone system
In addition to the following qualifications:
- An outgoing and pleasant phone presence
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Above-average overall computer proficiency
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- The ability to type 50 words per minute or better
- Accuracy and attention-to-detail in your work
- Patience, professionalism and maturity when dealing with customers AND colleagues
- Multitasking and time-management skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ General accounting knowledge
+++ Experience with accounting software
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree (Any Major)
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known provider of safety systems for commercial and industrial facilities.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.