JG ID #20-1211 - Schaumburg, IL 60173 – Brandi Gentile, Lead Recruiter
Insurance / Bilingual Spanish
Underwriter - Bilingual Underwriting Trainee
Up to $17.00 per hour to start plus full benefits, regular OT paid at time-and-a-half and room for career advancement
Northwest Suburbs - Schaumburg, IL
As a Bilingual Underwriting Trainee you will be trained to:
- Evaluate applications for insurance
- Utilize software to analyze each customers' risk profile
- Determine whether or not to insure prospective customers
- Quote premium rates based on customer risk profiles
- Produce routine and special reports
- Collaborate with Team Members to deliver outstanding customer service
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Maintain manual and electronic file systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your hours will be 9AM to 6PM Monday through Thursday, Friday from 9AM to 5PM and every other Saturday from 9AM to 2PM***
*** All hours worked over 40 hours per week will be paid as OVERTIME at time-and-a-half up to $25.50 per hour
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- Fluency in Spanish and English [read, write, speak]
- At least 1 year of Office or Customer Service experience or similar / related / relevant insurance experience
- Strong computational math skills
- Comfort with numbers, spreadsheets and reports
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate data entry skills
- Analysis skills
- Decision making skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Insurance experience +++
- Underwriting experience +++
An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, especially in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar
JobGiraffe's client is a provider of consumer lending services to the Spanish-speaking market.
Our client offers tremendous opportunities for professional development, career advancement and promotion within the firm. This position is open due to growth!
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype, FaceTime or by phone if needed.
Whether our clients are hiring for a specific position or staffing an entire department, JobGiraffe connects the very best job seekers with the companies who need them.
All fees and associated placement costs are paid for by the clients of JobGiraffe. There is never any cost or fee to our candidates and no contracts or obligations are required.