The Flexographic Printing Press Operator is responsible to provide multi-functional support to the production team to produce quality parts while meeting production standards according to the established procedures.
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions.
- Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job.
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Change press plates, blankets, or cylinders, as required.
- Obtain or mix inks and fill ink fountains.
- Feed paper through press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size.
- Secure printing plates to printing units and adjust tolerances.
- Clean ink fountains, plates, or printing unit cylinders when press runs are completed.
- Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
- Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools.
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates.
- Maintain time or production records.
- Adjust digital files to alter print elements, such as fonts, graphics, or color separations.
- Input production job settings into workstation terminals that control automated printing systems.
- Monitor inventory levels on a regular basis, ordering or requesting additional supplies, as necessary.
- Set up or operate auxiliary equipment, such as cutting, folding, plate-making, drilling, or laminating machines.
Preferred: Previous forklift experience
Preferred: Previous aerial lift experience
Preferred: Previous machine operator experience
- 4 years + experience in operating flexographic printing press or 5 year experience in the industry.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, either 7:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. or 7:00 P.M. - 7:00 A.M.
- Must be able to walk around frequently and stand on concrete surface.
- Must be able to lift or carry weight approximately 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Pay Rate: $23.00 per hour.
If you are interested in the position please email at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.