Our client is looking for a qualified KAPS Manager to join their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a leader in the Automotive Industry.
- Manage, set direction, implement, facilitate and administer the KAPS program and culture, policies and initiatives at the plant.
- Primary focus will be involving all employees into the KAPS program utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods and process improvement strategies through adequate interactivity and alignment with global management.
- Define objectives, goals and milestones, with Plant Manager(s) and KAPS Core Team.
- Coordinate the national KAPS deployment strategy, planning and implementation processes.
- Coordinate the planning of KAPS projects scheduling in the plant(s), together with Management and KAPS Experts.
- Supervise the reporting, feedback and information flows.
- Manage the local KAPS Experts team and other resources, in accordance with plant policies and KAPS roadmap.
- Coordinate KAPS implementation with other KAPS initiatives, including KAIZEN tools.
- Coordinate the workshops planning, organization and resourcing (including additional workshops, when needed).
- Coordinates the approval, with Plant Management, of new lay-outs and/or other organizational critical changes (processes, facilities, procedures, resources).
- Coordinates continuous improvement tools, including Suggestion Schemes.
- Coordinates the internal KAPS marketing activities, in order to spread lean culture and respective organizational value.
- Leads by example by coordinating change process management (activities, documentation, other).
- Coordinates the training processes, planning and resourcing, ensuring acquaintance with lean knowledge requirements.
- Train KAPS Experts and Plant Management on required knowledge, tools and practices.
- Support shop floor teams and employees (coaching, mentoring, and guidance).
- Coordinates specified KAPS standards (critical activity). Plans and coordinates KAPS audits.
- Track implementation activities and identify process deviations/roadblocks (including reporting and escalation); coordinate and propose identification of alternatives and solutions to KAPS teams, Plant Manager(s) and upper levels.
- Drive and support process reviews and improvement potentials, reporting status to Plant Management and KAPS teams.
- Locally coordinate the project cost and payback calculations, in accordance with previous budget assumptions. Detect and report to the KAPS and local Management the financial deviations to the KAPS plans and project forecasts, and propose adequate contra measures or correction strategies and actions.
- Locally coordinate the action plans to correct, or improve, the financial deviations to KAPS plans and project forecasts.
- Promote the spread and common share of KAPS philosophy, culture and ensure connections and implementation standards within national KA organizations.
- Ensure adequate communication between national KAPS teams and with KAPS Core Team.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with U.S. and/or state laws, while representing our client or during the use of any provided equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of LEAN tools, methods, deployment process, etc.
- Relevant experience of project management and roll-out.
- Team based deployment of projects and processes.
- Good coaching and training competencies.
- Advanced knowledge of plants (demographic, technical, processes, organizational and management models, etc.)
- Advanced operational/technical background and experience.
- Technical resources: MS Office, SAP, MRP system, KAPS Guidelines, etc.
- Good communication skills: written, verbal, spoken.
- Demonstrated skills with facilitation and as moderator: meetings, projects, people, both formal and informal.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills in a multi-project environment.
- Advanced skills in Team Management and Team coordination.
- Negotiation at all levels of the organization.
- Effective problem solving and decision making.
- Ability multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Effective organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and motivate employees.
- Ability to work within multiple locations (if required) with all levels of Management and employees
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills.
- College degree in Engineering preferred or applicable/relevant experience equal to a degree
Other Titles that would apply to the job...
- Process Improvement Manager
- Industrial / Mechanical / Production Engineer
- Experience with project management, continuous improvement
- Lean implementation / transformation
- Six Sigma (black or green belt)
Job Impulse, Inc. Huntsville
Why Work Here?Job Impulse, Inc. is an international recruitment company that focuses on upgrading the career opportunities of our candidates. We strive to create a professional partnership between our clients and contractors looking for their next career move. We have over 9,000 employees working in locations across twelve countries in fields ranging from industrial to office, marketing to engineering, technology, aerospace, medical, and more.
Let us help upgrade your career into better opportunities for growth and advancement