Responsibilities of a quality technician includes:
· Ensure quality of manufactured goods; inspect goods as they are finished.
· Examine materials from suppliers before sending them to production line as needed.
· Reject subassemblies or finished products as required for rework.
· Work with production management and Quality Assurance to provide feedback to production staff regarding accuracy of assembly and testing procedures.
· Perform inspections; lead inspection team during special projects.
· Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; recording data for quality database.
· Take instructions from supervisors.
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Accomplish quality and organization mission by completing related duties as needed.
Job Requirements of a quality technician:
- Understanding of part process capability and basic histogram analysis
- Ability to work occasional weekends, holidays and evenings
- Minimum 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of quality control experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience with measuring tools required.
- Excellent reading, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Electronic and manual record keeping skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good arithmetic skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Time management
- Mechanical skills
- SPC Knowledge