Accounting Clerk (Entry Level)
Job Corps - Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: May 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Odle Management and CSD are leaders in workforce development operating Job Corps Centers throughout the U.S. and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Odle Management and CSD make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Human Resources at 412-441-8700 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Responsible for performing general accounting clerical duties to include maintaining accounting files, entering data, proofreading financial reports, processing vendor invoices, and preparing expenditures, checks, invoices, purchase vouchers. Accountable for assembling and gathering information for student pay and employees payroll, as well as preparing reports, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Maintains accounting files.
3. Enters data into the computer and proofreads financial reports.
4. Processes vendor invoices by comparing invoice amount with the authorized purchase order and receiving information. Prepares expenditure report. Checks invoice activity against general ledger.
5. Records, classifies and summarizes invoices, work orders, purchase orders, etc.
6. Prepares and reconciles the Lunch Ticket box on a daily basis.
7. Assists in assembling and compiling financial data as requested.
8. Maintains center records, ledgers and journals as necessary to determine center financial status.
9. Coordinates the distribution of student allowances for living expenses and payrolls.
10. Compiles and maintains records necessary to prepare payroll register and all other data affecting the payroll.
11. Assists in compiling and preparing monthly financial reports.
10. Performs center switchboard/reception duties.
11. Attends required staff training sessions.
12. Cultivates and maintain a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
13. Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
14. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adhere to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School graduate or equivalent, with courses in general accounting and bookkeeping, one year experience as a general accounting clerk.
- Prefer two or more years experience.
- Valid drivers license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
Benefits and Perks
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefit plan to include: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Employer match 401k, Paid Holidays and Paid Days off.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Corps - Pittsburgh
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Job Corps - Pittsburgh