The Scrum Master will help manage and guide the agile Scrum teams from development to deployment of functional capabilities to fulfill Customer’s requirements from the product backlog. The Scrum Master will have a thorough understanding of scaled agile frameworks and will be able to operate within the appropriate agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/Scrumban) to facilitate the agile team’s activities.
What will you do?
- Personify Agile and Scrum; serve the team, including the Product Owner (PO), in their customer-focused mission to deliver continuous value.
- Directly remove or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel, including outside the team
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team (includes PO) and coach them to higher levels of maturity. Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions. Teach problem-solving techniques.
- Reinforce lightweight agile team rules including rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality, Work In Process (WIP) limits and other process rules the team agreed upon
- Help the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the product backlog and roadmap. Help the PO guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to scope, priorities and product quality.
- Facilitate (not lead) team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Standup, Sprint/Increment Planning, Demo/Reviews and Retrospective
What is required?
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Agile development experience
- Experience with C, C++, Ada, or Java
- Experience working on software development teams; both with Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Frameworks
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math or related engineering/science discipline.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance within a year.
What additional skills would be nice to have?
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM) and/or Six Sigma Expert
- Proficiency in agile management tools such as Rational Team Concert and Jira
- Understanding of DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge and/or experience with other agile techniques
- Experience using software configuration management and bug tracking tools
- Earned Value Reporting and metrics experience
- Experience working with various audiences, both technical and non-technical