What is the position?
The core focus of the Distribution Center Supervisor will be operating an efficient, productive and safe environment, while meeting or exceeding daily production expectations within the Distribution Center. You must maintain an agile, productive, and motivated work force which will require spending the majority of your work day "on the floor" so you can be hands with both our associates as well as the overall warehouse operations process.
What are the responsibilities?
- Manages day to day workflow and activity in the DC, including planning, flow, and resource allocation.
- Ensures that the work environment meets all requirements for Safety and Housekeeping
- Develops and motivate associates and ensures morale is at a high level and the environment is reflective of our company’s mission and culture.
- Conduct training for new associates to ensure best practices are being followed across all segments of the distribution center.
- Ensures constant improvement by reviewing practices, methods, and processes. Make recommendations on any opportunities to improve business practices.
- Execute the deployment of process improvement initiatives in conjunction with the operations leadership team.
- Builds effective relationships with warehouse leads, management team members, HR, and other business stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates with associates, counterparts, peers, and management to provide for a more efficient operation.
What are the requirements?
- Previous experience supervising diverse teams of 20+ associates
- 3-5 years of operations and supervisory experience in a distribution center environment.
- High School diploma required; 2-4-year college degree preferred.
- Experience working in a distribution center that utilizes WMS, TMS and/or ERP systems.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict; ability to provide feedback and develop other leaders.
- Communication, coaching and development, strong math and PC skills
- Must be agile in an ever-evolving business environment with a broad scope of products and customers that are constantly evolving.