Facilities Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: June 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary engineering responsibility for cooling towers, boilers, chillers, cooling water, compressors, air handlers, HVAC, Fire Life Safety, and admin bldg upkeep. Work effectively with facilities technicians, UPW technicians and facilities engineers to assist in safety reviews, work planning, operational support, system improvements, and task execution as required to support the factory with no unplanned interruptions.
Provide engineering support to facilities systems driving upgrade projects from concept to completion, as required for continuous improvement of the facilities system to ensure that support and services of the department meet the highest quality standards and performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide engineering support to Fire Life Safety system. Keep drawings and wiring diagram up to date. Communicate programming needs to programmer. Support sprinkler system work and testing.
- Prepare technical specifications and contract drawings for facility projects. Ensure that all projects are closed out, commissioning completed and documented, permits filed and punch-list completed.
- Prepare RFP's, obtain proposals/quotes, evaluate, recommend award, prepare PR's for facility projects and related work. Review, comment and recommend approval of invoices regarding PRs processed. Maintain a current log of all cost transitions and dollar balances remaining on POs/PRs.
- Continuously review facility system operating conditions reviewing analytical data and/or evaluations and optimizing conditions for HVAC and facility piping systems.
- Assist in training all facility technicians in the proper maintenance and operations of existing HVAC equipment, CDA equipment, chillers, boilers, vacuum pumps and associated piping systems.
- Prepare and submit written reports as required.
- Prepare alternative proposals, make recommendations and design selected system upgrades.
- Audit existing mechanical systems and insure specifications are met.
- Troubleshoot out of specification problem(s).
- Identify problem and implement solution.
- Review, comment and approve various engineering designs for compliance with company policies and specifications as well as governmental requirements.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support to Facilities technicians to ensure Facility systems are performing at optimal conditions and that there are no unscheduled interruptions.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering
- Aptitude, education or experience in Instrumentation and Controls
- Experience years: +3 years
- Professional registration as a mechanical engineer is a plus
- Ability to drive projects is a plus
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCad MEP
- HVAC systems and air handling, Fire Life Safety systems
- Good writing skills
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD MEP
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to get along with/work with personnel at all levels of Jireh
- Ability to use the following codes: UBC, UFC, NFPA, ASTM, ANSI
Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (AOS) is committed to excellence in design, manufacturing, and responsiveness to our customers through the continued development of new technologies, products and innovative solutions. We bring to the market devices designed to benefit our customers by meeting their product specific needs. Our mission is to bring value to our customers, shareholders and employees.
AOS differentiates itself by integrating its Discrete and IC semiconductor process technology, product design, and advanced packaging know-how to develop high performance power management solutions. AOS's portfolio of products targets high-volume applications, including but not limited to portable computers, flat panel TVs, LED lighting, smart phones, battery packs, consumer and industrial motor controls and power supplies for TVs, computers, servers and telecommunications equipment.
Jireh Semiconductor, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Ltd., is the in-house wafer fab for AOS and is located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
Jireh Semiconductor prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jireh Semiconductor