The new employee will receive an automatic $.50/hr raise just as soon as you pass the "JJ menu sandwich test", Another automatic raise of $.50/hr will occur after 90 days of service. So in 3 months a lot of our drivers are making $9.50 /hour plus $20 to $30 of cash during peak delivery hours (if you hustle for those tips). Other benefits include company sponsored health insurance, flexible work hours, job opportunities, etc.
If you join the Jimmy John's family anything is possible. It really doesn't matter if you're a delivery driver or a corporate honcho. If you're a driven individual who's got a strong sense of responsibility and a sense of humor to match, Jimmy John's offers awesome opportunities for growth and adventure. Once an established driver you will have priority of moving into any future assistant manager positions, (see assistant manager posting).
So, buckle up, and hit the open road - listening to your own tunes and getting paid to cruise around in your own mobile office - your car. Independence, good music, and great food - with TIPS!
Before you respond please read the following:
- You are applying for a delivery driver position for Jimmy Johns. You must be 21 years or older. You must have a valid driver’s license, car insurance and a dependable car.
- Your driving record must reflect a limited number of "at fault" wrecks or traffic tickets. Record will be verified by our independent insurance company
Report to: Assistant Managers/General Manager
Besides your smile, energy and reliable set of wheels, here's what you'll need for this job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes phone orders and completes delivery tickets in a courteous and accurate manner.
- Helps with preparing the delivery order: drinks, bagging, cookies, etc. ("orders out the door in 4 minutes")
- Delivers sandwich orders to customers in a safe (must obey speed limits), courteous, and timely manner.
- Accepts payment from customers for orders.
- Works with management at the end of the shift to reconcile cash from delivery sales.
- Makes fast, accurate, and consistent sandwiches.
- Complies with all portion sizes, recipes, and all systems and procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the restaurant including all tables, floors, windows, beverage station, restroom, etc.
- Greets customers and takes orders – operates cash register – collects payment from customer and makes change.
- Fills out systems and procedures with 100% accuracy and integrity.
- Always maintains professional appearance in compliance with the Jimmy John’s Dress Code.
- Displays a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments.
- Must use Jimmy Johns provided "car topper" on vehicle. Cyclist use company provided back packs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to communicate, read and write the English language fluently and clearly.
- Position requires bending, reaching, stooping, climbing, repetitive motions, cognitive skills, lifting up to 50 lbs., standing and moving about the unit the entire workday.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, current automobile insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Must take and past Menu Test within the first month of employment.
- Must pass our insurance drivers safety record "screen". If you're on a first name basis with the people at traffic court, you probably won't pass.
Jimmy John's (Freaky Fast 1 Inc.)