Automotive Service Porter
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Downtown Birmingham 1301 5th Avenue North Birmingham, AL 35203
Brands: Subaru, Hyundai, Genesis, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram
Employment Type: Full-time with benefits after 60 days
Reports To: Service Manager
Wages: Competitive wages
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 6:00pm, Saturday 7:00am - 1:00pm
(Must be available to work two Saturdays per month)
Jim Burke Automotive is looking for a Car Porter to join our dynamic team! Car Porters move and park cars; track parked vehicles and ensure the lot clean.
Job Specific Duties Include:
- Moving cars between the dealership’s display area, workshop, storage facility, and the pick-up point.
- Driving and handling all cars responsibly to ensure damage prevention, and protecting dealership property at all times.
- Accounting for all cars on the lot.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the interiors and exteriors of cars on the lot.
- Providing assistance with keeping the lot clean and tidy at all times.
- Driving off-site to run dealership errands when required.
- Current Driver’s License and clean driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a car porter, or similar.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Working knowledge of basic car maintenance would be advantageous.
- Ability to assume responsibility for the valuable property of customers and the dealership.
- Willingness to learn and to perform a wide range of allocated tasks.
- Ability to take accurate notes regarding vehicle movements and vehicle conditions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work irregular business hours, including evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Surroundings: Work is usually performed inside and outside under adverse weather conditions.
- Infrequently: sitting
- On a regular basis: Standing, walking, bending, twisting and/or stooping, kneeling and/or squatting, lifting, reaching and/or lifting overhead, grabbing with hands, pushing and pulling
WHY JOIN JIM BURKE?
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Employee Discounts
- Referral Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Jim Burke Automotive provides a Drug-Free work environment. To qualify for employment, the top candidates must submit to a pre-employment investigation that includes a background check, MVR, drug testing & previous employment verification.
AAP/EEO StatementJim Burke Automotive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jim Burke Automotive complies with applicable Federal, state and local laws
Jim Burke Automotive Group
AutomotiveView all jobs at Jim Burke Automotive Group