Direct Support Professional (Client Care Specialist)
Jill's House Inc Vienna, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 Hourly
Jill’s House is seeking Direct Support Professionals (Client Care Specialists) to care for children with special needs in our fully accessible respite resort in Tysons Corner, Virginia.
The Direct Support Professional is responsible for:
• The guidance and supervision of the children to whom they are assigned.
• Performing a combination of basic care, assistance with activities of daily living, and activity guidance in a safe, nurturing environment.
• Following each client’s service plan and ensuring a positive experience for all participants.
• Monday – Friday 8am-4pm during student summer and school holidays.
• Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 2pm-9pm and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6am-10am during the school year
• Weekend shifts year-round: (Minimum of 4 weekend shifts per month required)
o Friday 5pm-10pm
o Saturday 6am-2pm or 1pm-9pm
o Sunday 6am-2pm or 1pm-6:30pm
• Be at least 18 years old and either (a) college graduate, or (b) high school graduate or GED.
• At least six months successful experience in working directly with children.
• Patience, good oral and written communication skills.
• Great team skills, willingness to learn and grow.
• Enjoyment of children, physical strength and stamina to help children transition into bed.
• Affirm the McLean Bible Church Vision and Values as well as Standards of Christian Conduct.
Make a difference in the life of a child with special needs by joining our team!
Learn more about or organization on our website at https://www.jillshouse.org/careers
To learn more about the mission of Jill's House, please view this video on the Jill's House you tube channel
Read further for a few quotes from current Client Care Specialists:
"The best part about working at Jill's House is the children we serve. They've taught me things that no one else could; the true meaning of patience, how to enjoy and celebrate the simple victories, and the value of doing small things with great love. It's a blessing to care for and love such special children.
"I think the best part of this job is being able to look at a child with special needs and no longer see what the world says is wrong with them, but to see their beauty and what makes them so special above their disability. We get to see and experience a glimpse of Christ's love for his children and that is truly a beautiful thing. I love working with a population that is clearly so dear to God's heart."
"I can't believe I get paid to spend my time with amazing children whose smiles light up my day! Jill's House is seriously the most amazing place to work! If you love children with special needs, having awesome co-workers and supervisors, and a heart for the Lord, Jill's House is the place to be!"
$17.51 an hour
Jill's House Inc
Personal CareView all jobs at Jill's House Inc