Employee Relations - HR Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: HR Generalist
Supervisor: Vice President & CAO
The HR Generalist provides a variety of support to department and human resource functions including: General employee training, HRIS systems and input of employee changes, reporting and tracking for department, time and attendance tracking, recruiting support, portions of orientations, assist with employee relations as required and facilitate unemployment hearings.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES / EXPECTATIONS
- Supports recruiting function as needed including: Meeting with managers, interviews as needed, input of background checks, input new hires into system
- Assists with facilitation of new hire orientations including
- Enters employee changes into HRIS system and distributes paperwork appropriately
- Provides general education as needed dedicating ½ day weekly to content, reporting or class to include: servsafe, person first or other general state mandated in-servicing.
- Works with managers and assists with employee relations as needed to support unemployment hearings by phone
- Supports organizational time and attendance process for certain smaller departments including: general review of employee time detail, completing discipline paperwork for manager distribution and follow up
- Provides high level of customer service to managers and employees
- Attends departmental meetings
- Keeps Director and VP advised as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Requires degree in related field
- Ability to multi task, read, write and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and role model core values.
- Ability to remain professional, calm and in control at all times
- Ability to provide high quality work
- Ability to use computer, Microsoft suite, excel and provide reports upon request
- Demonstrates understanding, patience and tact in dealing with the chronically ill
- Professionally and positively represent Jewish Senior Services at all times
- must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- must be able to lift 30 pounds or more.
- must be able to bend, stoop, reach, assist with lifting, turning and repositioning.
- must be able to use equipment.
- must be able to handle stressful situations.
Multi tasking Produces high volume of multiple tasks and assignments accurately and timely.
Excellent Customer Service Successfully demonstrates a professional manner, is role model for JSS core values.
Meets State compliance for employee Ensures classes and Relias system are equipped with appropriate courses and information education.
Jewish Senior Services
BusinessView all jobs at Jewish Senior Services