Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey (JFED) is seeking a clever, creative, and enthusiastic social media & digital marketing specialist who is passionate about Jewish culture to help share the organization’s story. This Federation is unique in that it is integrated with its family of agencies, including Jewish Community Relations Council, Jewish Community Voice, Jewish Senior Housing and Healthcare Service, Katz Jewish Community Center, and Samost Jewish Family & Children's Service.
The social media & digital marketing specialist will stay up to date on the latest and greatest tools for digital communication and draft content to help JFED educate the community about its programs and services, while also sprinkling in fun and informative Jewish-related content (who doesn’t love a good apple cake recipe?!).
The social media & digital marketing specialist will work closely with the rest of the marketing department, and across JFED’s departments and family of agencies, to complete the following in alignment with JFED’s written and visual style:
- Create and execute organic and paid social media strategies for JFED’s social media platforms
- Draft and post social media content across JFED’s social media platforms; maintain a social media content calendar
- Monitor social media channels and pages; respond to and/or escalate comments and messages when appropriate
- Identify other social media accounts to follow and re-share content from them when appropriate
- Review and share social media metrics, and adjust messaging and social media strategy as necessary to improve metrics
- Work with the creative director and graphic designer to develop visually inspiring images for each post along with the opportunity to create designs using Canva and Adobe
- Other duties as assigned (for example, employee may be asked to write and send a Mailchimp email that aligns with a social media campaign)
The right candidate will have:
- 2-5 years of relevant career experience in organic and paid social media and digital marketing
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Experience with various social media networks, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and more
- Strong understanding of social media analytics and metrics, and how to adjust strategies and messaging to make improvements
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once with competing deadlines, communicating with manager and colleagues regularly to manage workload and expectations for deliverables
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and a strong sense of fun and team spirit!
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google ads is a plus.
NOTE: This is an in person position working in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, and our family of agencies, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon a person’s actual or perceived gender, race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital/civil union status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, veteran or military status, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, or other legally protected characteristics.
The Federation participates in the E-Verify program.
The Federation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us via the link on this posting. EOE
Jewish Federation of Southern NJ
AddressCherry Hill, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?