The Graphic Designer/Brand Manager creates compelling, branded visual designs for a wide variety of JFCS marketing, programmatic, event, and donor communications materials.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Graphic Design Manager understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of JFCS, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources to perform all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing Communications and Development Materials
- Creates and designs annual reports, brochures, flyers, invitations, donor communications/direct mail appeals, posters, signage, letterhead, business cards, and other materials.
- Proposes concepts internally to the team, bring new and fresh ideas to the table.
- Oversees production of printed materials, including soliciting bids and coordinating production with printer, fulfillment and mail houses.
- Leads and develops all design for galas and other large fundraising events. Creates captivating imagery, invitations, and materials; works with vendors to produce stunning event graphics.
- Ensures consistent use of JFCS’ brand logos, fonts, colors, style and look/feel across the organization.
- Ensures that program staff understand the visual identity guidelines for the agency and for all program/brand areas.
- Establishes a look and feel for all JFCS communications that is cohesive, contemporary, and thoughtful.
Web Design and Production
- Creates designs for digital communications including email newsletters, website graphics, infographics, data visualizations, and social media imagery.
- Collaborates with the Digital Marketing & Design Manager to ensure the highest quality assets are produced for digital marketing.
- Maintains photo library and digital assets; oversees implementation and use of new online digital asset management (DAM) service.
- Selects and procures stock photography; creates and retouches original images for agency advertising and publication needs.
- Assists in coordination of photo shoots; assists videographer with visual materials, as needed.
Publication Inventory and Production Oversight
- Supervises maintenance of inventory of main printed collateral produced for all programs.
- Reviews/art directs design of any print materials produced by outside vendors for quality control.
- Demonstrated (5 years minimum) experience in graphic design, preferably in an agency or nonprofit organization.
- Speed and proficiency in designing effective, eye-catching marketing and communications materials.
- Superior organizational, project, and time management skills; strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC and Acrobat Pro, as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to work cooperatively with others and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding of branding and applying appropriate brand components to all projects.
- Comfortable working on a PC.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission, goals, and objectives of the Agency.
- Nice to haves: filming and/or video editing experience, photography skills, experience working as part of a fundraising/development team.
The successful applicant must also have the ability to:
- Work with multiple departments and stakeholders, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work independently and complete projects with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Be flexible and respond to unanticipated projects and assignments and changes in project content/direction/deadlines at any step in the process.
- Take direction and be comfortable having work reviewed and edited.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Please apply via ZipRecruiter with a cover letter and resume.