Under the Direction of the Director of Peninsula Children’s Clinical Services, the Child Psychologist performs neuropsychological, psycho-educational and developmental assessments for children and youth as part of our Parents Place Family Resource Centers on the Peninsula. In this role the psychologist also works as part of a multi-disciplinary team and provides child, adolescent and family therapy.
JFCS offices are located in San Mateo off of Highway 92 and in downtown Palo Alto. This position comes with a full time private office, plenty of play therapy toys and supplies, full psychological batteries, free parking in a private lot, access to full kitchen and administrative assistance. The environment is child friendly, well lit, and fully decorated.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment and Treatment of Children and Adolescents
- Conducts neuropsychological, psycho-educational assessments, evaluations, and comprehensive psychological assessments and formulates recommendations for subsequent interventions.
- Provides written reports and verbal feedback of evaluation results
- Works with family members and the team of JFCS professionals to implement treatment plans.
- Conducts child/family evaluations and formulates goals and treatment plans relevant to diagnosis and presenting problems in keeping with JFCS standards to provide psychotherapy
- Provides psycho-education for parents and children as appropriate.
- Consults to preschools and elementary schools, providing training to teachers regarding learning and behavioral issues.
- Participates in staff training and collaborative meetings, as appropriate.
This is a full time, exempt position. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to BethB @jfcs.org with Child Psychologist—Peninsula in your subject line.