# Principal Responsibilities:
The Merage JCC Early Childhood Learning Center is looking for experienced, qualified, passionate, and enthusiastic individuals who want to work in a Reggio Emilia inspired preschool environment. Candidates must have experience as a preschool teacher. We are looking for full-time early childhood educators that will work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Shifts will vary during school hours, between 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
The school environment is a creative, safe and nurturing place, where children explore and learn through an emergent curriculum inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy. Judaic values and traditions are incorporated into everyday learning.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits: competitive pay, paid time off, holiday pay, health and dental coverage, and more.
Primary Responsibilities for Early Childhood Employees:
* Provide for the health and safety of all children in the school.
* Provide responsive, quality care, addressing children's social, emotional, cognitive and motor developmental needs.
* Consistently treat children, parents, colleagues and community members with dignity, respect and compassion.
* Create a safe, healthy and secure environment for all children, that promotes inquiry and open-ended exploration.
* Uphold Title 22 regulations, in particular keeping children within sight and sound at all times.
* Participate in all training programs, conferences, seminars, courses and other aspects of professional growth provided by the Merage JCC and other resources. Fifteen hours of continuing education is required annually for all faculty staff.
# Minimum Qualifications:
YOU MUST HAVE 12 or more units of Early Childhood Education coursework including:
(1) Child Development
(2) Child, Family, Community
(3) Early Childhood Curriculum/Practicum/Guidance
(4) Additional Curriculum Course
All qualified candidates are required to e-mail a copy of official or non-official transcripts for proof of all California state licensing ECE/CD/HD coursework completion. Candidates with missing coursework will NOT be considered. Candidates must be US Citizens and have proof of US citizenship. Candidates must have adult & child CPR, first Aid & AED certification or be willing to obtain certification before hire date.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job of an Infant/Toddler Teacher in both classroom and playground environments. The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
* Requires employee to talk and hear
* Requires fully use of hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools, or keyboards; and reach with hands and arms.
* Requires occasional moving/lifting/carrying of weigh ranging from 10-40 pounds.
* Requires walking or standing for up to four (4) hours at a time with a 10-minute break.
* Requires squatting to a significant degree.
* Requires bending and stooping to a significant degree.
* Requires reaching overhead while balancing approximately 10 lbs.
* Requires pushing and pulling approximately 10 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
# Agency Information:
The Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County is a 220,000 square-foot facility on 30 acres of land in beautiful Orange County, California where 300 children attend our Preschool .Orange County is home to some 100,000 Jews and sits between Los Angeles and San Diego and in between the Pacific Ocean and the San Bernardino Mountains.
*Date Posted:* 02/03/2020
*Title:* Preschool Teacher
*JCC:* Merage JCC of Orange County
*Location:* Irvine, CA