JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
OVERVIEW: Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and overseeing all marketing strategies, branding, website, and social medias for agency. Work closely with all staff in a professional and fair manner to encourage the highest quality results through effective management.
REMARKS: This exempt fulltime salaried position offers a benefits package. EOE (equal opportunity employer)
- Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience managing, overseeing or running the marketing department of an agency, organization or corporation. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Winn Zip, and Microsoft Office.
- Must have sophisticated design aesthetics with an ability to encourage this style from graphic and web staff.
- Excellent communication skills, proofreading, interpersonal, collaboration and organizational skills a must.
- Aptitude to supervise a staff of diverse individuals and talent levels. Must be a team player with ability to interact with staff, members, lay leaders and vendors in a positive and professional manner.
- Proficiency of Brand Development is essential.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced environment with a history of meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adeptness to maintain a positive attitude and keep cool while wearing many hats in a fast-paced, creative, and flexible environment. Must be detail oriented in all aspects of position.
- Expertise to manage departmental budgets to ensure performance goals are met.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrate the department?s plan, purpose, organization and focus.
- Supervise Marketing Staff.
- Oversee the productivity of the marketing plan and projects.
- Establish, monitor, manage and track yearly budget.
- Build strategic marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness through internal/external marketing, multi-media and social networking services to include print, e-marketing, web, Facebook, twitter, mobile apps and all other available resources.
- Craft and implement a wide variety of cutting edge marketing collateral focusing on increasing membership, participation in programs and activities, and overall community awareness.
- Design cohesive branding campaigns to increase consistent messaging and partnerships throughout all departments, programs and activities.
- Examine and evaluate policies, procedures and systems to ensure the highest level of performance, achievement and production of end products in branding, print, web, social media, data analytics, and outreach.
- Partner with the Membership Department to create and implement a strategic plan for membership acquisition and retention.
- Collaborate with all departments to bring a cohesive look and feeling to all programs and activities.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude when dealing with internal/external customers, vendors, members, and staff.
- Develop, implement and promote cross marketing opportunities throughout agency.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- Analyze current market conditions and competitor's information.
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results.
ADDITIONAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED:
- Verify content and format.
- Gather feedback from the Marketing Team on print, advertising, web, and graphic needs.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest browser, plug-in technology and Web/print style.
- Ability to work with staff to design concepts that will increase advertising and promoting rate.
- Performance will be based on meeting mission, meeting budget program growth and participant satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent proofreader.
- Organization and planning.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Formal presentation skills.
- People person.
- Professional manner, presentation, speech, appearance and tone.
It is expected that the Marketing Manager will be a team player as part of the JCC Professional Staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission. Responsibilities of the job may be changed as the needs of the JCC and/or community change.