JOB TITLE: Director of Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: President
OVERVIEW: Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and overseeing all marketing strategies, branding, website, social medias and communication for agency; both internally and externally. Work closely with all staff in a professional and fair manner to encourage the highest quality results through effective management.
REMARKS: This exempt fulltime salaried position offers a benefits package. EOE (equal opportunity employer)
Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification.
Minimum 5-7 years of experience managing, overseeing or directing the marketing department of an agency, organization or corporation. Non- profit experience a plus.
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Winn Zip, and Microsoft Office.
Must have a sophisticated design aesthetics with an ability to encourage this style from graphic and web staff.
Excellent communication skills, proofreading, interpersonal, collaboration and organizational skills a must.
Ability to supervise a staff of diverse individuals and talent levels. Must be a team player with ability to interact with staff, members, lay leaders and vendors in a positive and professional manner.
Knowledge of Brand Development is essential.
Proven experience in a fast-paced environment with a track record of meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to maintain a positive attitude and keep cool while wearing many hats in a fast-paced, creative, and flexible environment. Must be detail oriented in all aspects of position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrate the department’s plan, purpose, organization and focus.
- Supervise Marketing and Communications Staff
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plan and projects.
Create, monitor, manage and track yearly budget.
Create strategic marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness through internal/external marketing, multi-media and social networking services to include print, e-marketing, web, facebook, twitter, mobile apps and all other available resources.
Develop and implement a wide variety of cutting edge marketing collateral focusing on increasing membership, participation in programs and activities, and overall community awareness.
- Develop cohesive branding campaigns to increase consistent messaging and partnerships throughout all departments, programs and activities.
- Analyze and evaluate policies, procedures and systems to ensure the highest level of performance, achievement and production of end products in branding, print, web, social media, data analytics, and outreach.
- Partner with the Membership Department to create and implement a strategic plan for membership acquisition and retention.
- Partner with all departments to bring a cohesive look and feeling to all programs and activities.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude when dealing with internal/external customers, vendors, members, and staff.
- Develop, implement and promote cross marketing opportunities throughout agency.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- Analyze current market conditions and competitor’s information.
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results.
- Liaison with media and advertising outlets.
ADDITIONAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED:
- Verify content and format.
- Gather feedback from the Marketing Team on print, advertising, web, and graphic needs.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest browser, plug-in technology and Web/print style.
- Ability to work with staff to design concepts that will increase advertising and promoting rate.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Organization and planning.
Problem analysis and problem-solving.
Formal presentation skills.
Professional manner, presentation, speech, appearance and tone.