Jewish Community Center Cherry Hill, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Administrative Assistant/Early Childhood Department
Under supervision of the Early Childhood Director, the administrative assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the school program. Screens and greets everyone at the entry to the EC Department from 2 separate entrances. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Observes and is aware of activity that is visible on the security monitors. Assists Registrar with data input and paperwork as needed (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Zoom required - Daxcko recommended)
ESSENTIAL JOB ROLES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service to Early Childhood families.
- Checks ID cards of EC Families or anyone who approaches EC Department.
- Refers member’s questions to the Early Childhood Administration.
- Additional responsibilities may be added periodically based upon the needs of the Early Childhood Department of the Katz JCC. i.e., distribution of materials to the teacher’s mailboxes.
- It is essential that all staff participate in a variety of agency wide activities. Staff should be knowledgeable about our agency and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information.
- Computer input into various platforms and Microsoft excel and Word.
- Classroom support and coverage when needed.
Position reports to the EC Director
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organization goals. Understands organization’s strengths and weakness. Adapts strategies to changing conditions. Displays willingness to make decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism, administrative writing skills, accuracy, multitask, attention to detail, inventory control, teamwork.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
- Interpersonal Skill and Customer service – Adapts to changing work environments and maintains a good working relationship with co-workers, parents, and campers. Shares skills with others. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Project Management – Prioritizes and manages time effectively. Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time with attention to detail. Exceptional organizational skills necessary.
- Technical Skills – Has a working knowledge of the ADP programs, Camp minder, and Microsoft Outlook, Excel, basic budgeting
- Written Communications – Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Problem Solving – Displays original thinking along with creativity. Can Identify problems and develop a solution. Works well in group situations. Looks for ways to improve work and processes quality.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team over own interests. Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Dependability – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Completes tasks on time. Uses time efficiently. Is consistently at work on time. Maintains confidentiality.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, accepts constructive criticism.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Jewish Community Center
AddressCherry Hill, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at Jewish Community Center