Camp Music Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 to $14 Hourly
Summer Camp Music Specialist (Summer/Seasonal/Temporary)
About the Opportunity:
Camp JCC Indianapolis is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and dynamic music specialist who can sing camp songs from morning till night, play a guitar, and who either knows (or can learn) the top forty list of camp songs. If you aspire to share your musical talent in a Jewish camp setting this summer by teaching and leading song sessions and rhythm and movement activities with smaller groups of children during the week and leading in song the all-camp Friday Shabbat celebration, this job is a perfect fit. Note that this position requires a commitment for the entire season of June 5th – July 28th (plus orientation).
What you’ll be doing:
- Play an integral role in assuming that CampJCC offers a warm, welcoming and inclusive environment for all campers
- Plan weekly activities and a wide array of songs for ages 5 -12 years old
- Work with camp leadership to determine the curriculum and equipment needs
- Lead each lesson while coaching and being assisted by the camp counselors
- Play a (portable) instrument and be willing to use it daily at camp
- Lead morning all-camp gatherings in song
- Play a key role in weekly Shabbat ceremony
- Create and foster a positive and encourage atmosphere and guide campers in their personal growth and skill development
- Plan and schedule a variety of enrichment activities for campers each day
- Collaborate with co-counselors and specialist counselors
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 1-2 years work-related experience preferred, specifically in the field of teaching and performing
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- CPR/First Aid certification required
- Solid understanding of Jewish customs or traditions or the willingness to learn
- Proven ability to use good judgement in all situations
What we offer:
- Pay rate of $12-14/hour (depending upon experience)
- Dates: Orientation takes place in May, Camp runs 6/5/2023 – 7/28/2023
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 AM-5 PM
- Free JCC membership which includes access to a state-of-the art fitness facility, and water park
- Great work environment on 42 acres of beautiful, wooded grounds
- The opportunity to do mission-driven work and create ‘happy campers’ every day
- The work environment is fast-paced and requires high mobility, standing, walking (sometimes on uneven terrain), bending, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling (to be eye-level with a child). Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds. Must have the visual, auditory and verbal ability to observe campers and counselors and respond to appropriately and effectively in the event of an emergency.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you! Learn more about the JCC at We Are The J - JCC Indianapolis (jccindy.org). To apply, email your resume to Myranda at firstname.lastname@example.org .
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?