Line Service Technician
- $15 to $24 Hourly
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Line Service Technicians provide aviation ground support services to customers in a positive and professional manner. He/she will perform in all facets of the ground handling operation including but not limited to aircraft fueling/defueling, baggage/cargo handling, aircraft towing, marshalling signals for aircraft parking and departing, providing lavatory/potable water service, and using other various ground support equipment to help support the needs of customer and their aircraft.
General Duties and Responsibilities
· Strong working knowledge of FBO operations, customer service principles and the Jetscape service philosophy.
· Foster and maintain professional work relationships with operational leaders, co-workers, and clientele.
· Comply with all airport authority rules and regulations including AOA/SIDA operations and airport security requirements.
· Participate in continuous training including NATA programs and company designed curriculum.
· Follow site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and fun work environment.
· Always use sound judgment to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment.
· Adhere to the principles of the “Jetscape Attitude” as all times.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Marshal and greet aircraft in a professional manner.
· Provide various aircraft services including refueling, lavatory, potable H2O, oil, etc. in accordance with established procedures.
· Assist all aircraft crews and passengers by providing various services they may desire and shall aid in planning and deplaning, baggage and cargo always expediting the passenger’s needs first.
· Assist in providing common standard amenities including coffee, ice, newspapers, catering, etc.
· Park and store the aircraft and direct the movement of aircraft and vehicular traffic on the ramp and in and about the shops and hangars of the Company’s facilities and shall always properly secure all parked aircraft.
· Perform and adhere to all recognized quality control standards including ATA 103 and NFPA 407.
· Maintain, clean, and organize ramp, hangars and facilities keeping all free of debris and clutter.
· Service aircraft with all supplies and materials, including in-ground station fueling, which may be required by the aircraft.
· Acceptance and control checks of fuel received into site operated fuel storage system(s).
· Transport customers to various locations on and/or off airport property as directed and perform such errands as may be necessary.
· Operate vehicular and ground radio equipment.
· Perform GSE fueling operations at commercial terminal and other airport areas.
· Operate fuel trucks, tugs, baggage handling, GPU’s, airstairs and various other pieces of equipment as needed.
· General cleaning of aircraft as needed or requested.
· Perform various lawn care and janitorial services.
· Perform periodic checks of all equipment and facilities and document findings.
· Adhere to Jetscape uniform and grooming standards to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
· If certified, provide towing and wing-walking services in accordance with Company policy.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Previous experience as a LST or commercial aircraft fueler preferred but not required.
· High school graduation.
· Minimum of 18 years of age
· Good communication skills, both written and oral.
· Good organizational skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Aviation ground service experience desired.
· Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and insurability standards of the company.
· Ability to comprehend and perform basic math calculations with minimal errors.
· Satisfactory completion of criminal background check, meeting requirements set forth by the company as well as TSA (as required by location).
· Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, on weekends, holidays, and be on call.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including extreme heat and cold; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and various chemicals including aviations fuels, oils and lavatory fluid. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Jetscape Services LLCFort Lauderdale, FL
Energy and Environment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.