Electrical / Embedded Systems Engineer
- Expired: January 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Electrical / Embedded Systems Engineer
Ventura, CA U.S.A.
Here at JetPack Aviation we are redefining the future of ultra high speed personal and cargo transportation. Imagine moving 1,000 lbs of cargo at >350kts in an aircraft the size of a motorcycle. That’s less than 20 mins LA to San Diego or 30 mins NYC to Boston - in and out of an area no larger than a single car space.
We graduated from Y Combinator in 2019 and are a venture backed company. JPA was the inventor, and currently the only company that builds, VTOL Jetpacks. Now we are also working on our "Speeder" which will be the worlds smallest and fastest, piloted or autonomous VTOL aircraft. We have just completed flight testing of our second full scale prototype and will soon commence flight testing of our P3.
We are looking for an experienced electrical, embedded systems, computer or mechatronics engineer to work with our existing engineering team. Designing, building and flight testing our new Speeder aircraft. The JPA organization has a relaxed, informal, rapid prototype culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You are expected to be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Our company culture means you check your ego at the door, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility.
JetPack Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with JetPack Aviation is governed on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence, and will not be influenced in any manner by race, religion, gender, national origin, color, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical, computer, mechatronics engineering , or similar technical degree with 3-10 years engineering experience
What You'll Do
- Work with our engineering team to design and build electrical and computing systems eg: interfaces between sensors and the flight control computer; power management systems, telemetry and flight data recorder systems and pilot display systems.
- Be part of the flight test team – running tests and
- Get hands on with the Speeder and assist with fabrication and assembly
- Participate in the full product development process; from brainstorming and ideation to flight testing of the aircraft
- Implement improvements iteratively through process experimentation, data collection and analysis
Who You Are
- Great advantage of you have had experience with flight control systems
- You have experience in real-time control and power management
- Knowledge of low level communications protocols such as RS485, I2C, and SPI, experience working with mixed signal electronics and programming for embedded systems in C/C++ to the bare metal preferred.
- You are innovative and a creative problem solver
- Exercise excellent communication skills across teams
- Willing to work across a broad range of activities to support team goals – growth-stage startups require a wide range of skills
- Adept at prioritizing tasks and executing multiple assignments concurrently in a rapidly changing environment that requires mental flexibility, creativity, discipline, and resilience
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Contribute to a positive culture of collaborative experimentation and innovation
- Have great organization skills of documentation, physical documentation and hardware
- Have a passion for the product and desire to make an impact on the sector
- Have a solid hands on approach to engineering
Benefits and perks of working at JetPack Aviation
- Start-up, rapid prototype environment
- Medical insurance
- Creating an entirely new aircraft that will save lives
- Travel opportunities to sporting events that our aircraft are associated with (F1 races, Air Races etc)
TechnologyView all jobs at JetPack Aviation