About JSSI. . .
For over 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry. The company offers hourly cost maintenance programs to manage the often unpredictable costs of operating virtually all makes and models of aircraft, engines and auxiliary power units (APUs). JSSI is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, turboprops, regional jets and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through its unique infrastructure of expert technical advisors.
JSSI's portfolio of companies leverage this extensive technical knowledge, maintenance buying power and data to support every stage of the aircraft life cycle, from aircraft acquisition to disassembling and parting out the aircraft. JSSI Parts & Leasing sells aircraft parts, provides lease engines and APUs, and offers supply chain solutions as a service to large fleet operators. Additionally, JSSI's technical experience and global reach powers a complete range of consulting and digital services utilized by operators, aircraft brokers, and service providers across the industry.
In 2020, JSSI was recognized as a US Best Managed Company.
Other JSSI services:
JSSI Parts & Leasing provides aircraft parts, leasing and supply chain solutions. An extensive inventory of over 25,000 aircraft parts, engines and APUs is available across multiple makes and models of commercial and business jets, turboprops and helicopters. A qualified global vendor network sources additional assets for anything that flies.
JSSI Advisory Services utilizes JSSI's technical expertise and global network to inspect aircraft, perform ASA-certified appraisals, assist with maintenance cost planning, manage maintenance events, audit invoices, and provide insurance claims management.
Conklin & de Decker, a JSSI company, enables customers to make more informed decisions when dealing with the purchase, operation and disposition of aircraft by furnishing objective and impartial information. With a range of recently updated online tools and new mobile app, the company streamlines access to aircraft comparison data.
Tracware Limited, a JSSI company, is an innovative developer and global provider of aviation process control software to operators and suppliers across the aviation industry, including CAMOs, aircraft and component MRO providers, OEMs and parts distributors. Tracware's Aerotrac software offers a 360-degree view of all MRO functions and brings complete control to business processes.
For more information, visit jetsupport.com.
While supporting and reporting to the Director of Accounting Operations, the Billing Specialist will have responsibility for creation, maintenance, and communication of all billing transactions. This includes interactions with customers as well as internal colleagues. This position will have full accountability for the thoroughness and accuracy of all customer accounts, including all entities of JSSI.
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will initially be performed remotely. Once our employees are able to safely return to the office, this position will transition back into the Chicago office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create customer invoices and credits for all scenarios and all entities; weekly, monthly, annually, or ad hoc
- Investigate customer account questions and disputes for both the customers and for internal work colleagues
- Review customer contract modifications to perform contractual billings
- Perform calculations and reconciliations for customer billing cycles
- Review and maintain billing reports
- Prioritize customer service issues that our time sensitive
- Collaborate with Credit & Collection and Client Service team for various customer account special cases - regular meetings as well as ad hoc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in general business academia
- Five years minimum billing experience at larger organization
- High level of system comprehension - multiple systems, integrated or otherwise
- Above average math and intermediate MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Ability to take detailed instructions well and follow them to completion
- Familiarity with and ability to interpret sophisticated customer contracts
- Direct and effective communication skills, positive and professional, both written and verbal, to all levels of the organization as well as customers
- Analytical mindset and highly organized
- Team oriented personality
- High work ethic - ability to give extra effort when needed
- Preferred system experiences: Great Plains Dynamics, D365, Salesforce
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.