IT Support Technician
Jet Recruiters New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Level 3 IT Support Technician to join our team! You will resolve computer-related issues for your clients.
Under limited supervision, installs, maintains, tests, and repairs systems and networks. Utilizes advanced technical knowledge to plan and lead the implementation of technical solutions. Provides technical leadership and support, and resolves problems of a comprehensive and complex nature. Assists users/departments in formulating requests or proposals and in determining information system needs assessments. Provides leadership and guidance to, and may supervise, other staff and students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs complex problem solving and assistance on diverse software applications and hardware systems for department users and/or the university community.
- Provides in-depth individual and/or group instruction and training to faculty, staff, and/or students on new or updated technologies.
- May supervise or provide functional direction to lower graded staff and/or student employees performing the same or similar type of work.
- Performs diverse technical assistance, documents findings and performs maintenance duties in support of a large unit that may encompass a variety of user support needs.
- Maintains, updates and audits record keeping systems; documents projects, writes and maintains user instructions.
- Oversees, maintains, and inputs applicable records such as, but not limited to, network users, security, and tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials. May input, reconcile and audit billing information from a record keeping system.
- Performs advanced technological systems support, maintenance, and testing for proper upkeep of systems; troubleshoots and resolves complex system hardware, software, and network failures and conflicts.
- Participates in and/or leads the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
- Participates in and/or leads research and development initiatives and provides assistance in the implementation of new technologies.
- Serves as a primary project member on technology projects with large scope and impact; may lead and integrate the work of other staff.
- Oversees and performs the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, networks, workstations and/or other related equipment and devices.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Ability to perform advanced preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and functional direction to other technical support staff and/or student employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware, software, and/or network solutions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve moderately complex computer and network problems.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or mainframe applications and systems.
Jet RecruitersWhy Work Here?
Great potential for growth!
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Jet Recruiters