- Expired: January 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Jet Midwest is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Business Analyst who possesses specialized technical, operational, customer, and market knowledge of commercial aviation, a service-oriented mindset, and strong organizational, leadership, and planning capabilities within a cross-functional matrix organization.
The Business Analyst is a highly visible position, responsible for providing assistance and direction to Sales, Finance, Technical, Asset Management, and Asset Trading functions, managing activities on assigned major programs and projects including projections, proposals, project team leadership, negotiations, and customer support from contract award through product delivery. This position holds substantial autonomy and latitude to identify and solve problems within the assigned program.
What you should know about the day-to-day:
- Act as the Customer & business 'Primary Point of Contact' for all Program activities
- Provide 'Whole of Program' oversight and direction to ensure alignment with business objectives and targets:
- As program leader, provide project planning, technical & operational leadership, and coordination for assigned business program/s to cross-functional teams
- Identify and provide support for sales and new business opportunities within the assigned program, including inventory analysis, market value, and sales strategies related to the applicable assets
- Develop tactical action plans that incorporate product and customer service initiatives
- Control and manage schedule, cost, contracts, customers, and risk for assigned programs; utilize schedules, reports, action items, and team meetings as appropriate.
- Secure the allocation of necessary resources to execute according to business directives and priorities
- Report the status and outcomes including inventory, inventory value, projected sales, costs, markets of each program
- Maintain internal processes to track program activities & costs, including third-party services, with the goal of reducing overall cost and schedule flow time
- Conduct formal periodic reviews as required to maintain Program objectives.
- Review cost and schedule estimates from third-party maintenance organizations and coordinates related company activities; acting within delegated authority limits.
- Work closely with the Sales, Operations, and Finance to ensure that all managed programs remain within the cost and schedule criteria set for the Program along with the deliverables contractually committed to the customer
- Provide feedback to management to demonstrate the effects and probable results of various plans and proposals and conduct post-project evaluations on the effect of decisions to reduce future risks and enhance future outcomes
- Prepare program costs and schedule information for presentation to the Program Sponsor & Finance.
- Use data and analysis to drive decision making
- Other duties, as assigned
We're a great match for you if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree, diploma, or FAA Airframe & Powerplant license, or equivalent field experience suited to this role
- 1-2 years of aviation-related technical Program/Project management experience
- Significant fieldwork in project management, planning, and cost management
- Demonstrable knowledge of aircraft specifications including assessment and management of the same
- Demonstrated success engaging people at all organizational levels to influence performance & change, with a solutions-oriented approach
- Substantial experience supporting and navigating cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated history with and ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with outside vendors, coworkers, customers, and other outside parties
- High self-motivation and ability to work to deadlines while managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated achievements in managing successful business outcomes, process development, and business change
- Strong proficiency with:
- Organization and attention to detail
- Professional communication - must have the ability to generate high-quality reports and presentations
- MS Office, particularly Excel, and general office technology
- Leveraging technology to enhance work processes in compliance with industry requirements
We're an even better match for you if you also:
- Have worked with the Quantum ERP system
- Have tertiary qualifications in a technical aviation discipline and technical skill as would be acquired through significant experience in various aspects of an airline or related organization
- Have experience with introduction and disposal of aircraft
- Have demonstrated ability with process review, evaluation, and improvement and good knowledge of the processes required to drive achievement of business outcomes.
- Love technology and can leverage social media to build industry relationships
- Love efficiency and can help build improvements in processes
- Dream about airplanes
Other important information:
While performing the responsibilities of the Program Manager, you will be seated at a desk, using a phone and computer, most of your workday. Less than 5% of your job duties will require the ability to: walk long distances, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The noise level is usually low, as consistent with an office environment. At times, some light lifting may be required, up to 10 lb.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Program Manager position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of knowledge, skills, ability, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
AddressKansas City, MO
BusinessView all jobs at Jet Midwest