- Expired: October 02, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Jessup Manufacturing is seeking a Quality Engineer for McHenry, IL
Brand new opportunity due to exciting growth!
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer monitors and improves the quality of processes and products, assuring quality standards are met through testing, measurement, and documentation. Supports Production Department with timely evaluation of incoming raw materials, work-in-process and final inspection of coated goods. Provides support for R&D and product development.
- Lean problem solving teams using established quality problem solving tools, LEAN, Ishikawa, 8D, KT, or others
- Collaborates with operations team to develop and implement controls and improvements
- Fully understand the ISO 9001:2015 quality system requirements and assists with creating new procedures and programs through the ISO 9001:2015 quality system.
- Investigates, documents, and troubleshoots product or production issues
- Defines root cause, develops corrective actions, preventive actions, solutions, and improvements for customer complaints and raw material issues
- Ensures workflows, processes, and products comply with quality requirements and safety regulations
- Leads continuous improvement activities (individual effort or cross-functional team)
- Trends quality data and facilitates data review to detect potential issues
- Participates in internal and external audits
- Provides detailed and timely follow-up with customer facing activities
- Maintains visual reference libraries for both incoming coated materials and cut parts
- Advises and assists staff with machine set ups, first part approvals, and material quality
- Prepares PPAPs as needed
- Provides CoA, CoC as needed to shipping department
- Suggests changes to improve quality, efficiency, safety and communication as well provide support to ISO and safety programs
- Works with LB quality to disposition product returns
- Assists in leading the Safety Charter Committee to ensure all safety and quality standards are enforced
- Assists R&D with equipment, coating, and conversion trials
- Maintains SDS documents and OSHA guidelines
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to travel and work cross functionally between both facilities as needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years technical experience in a Quality Assurance role, preferably in a manufacturing environment or relevant experience in a laboratory, chemical, converting or pressure sensitive tape environment
- Bachelor's degree in math, science, or engineering a plus
- Experience with product evaluation, ability to follow written protocol, excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Successful Corrective and Preventive action implementations and Process Improvements resulting from Quality problem solving
- Self-starter with strong knowledge Quality principles and laboratory practices
- Ability to receive and provide feedback in a positive manner
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- ISO quality system background.
- Proficient in LEAN, 8D, KT, or similar problem solving tools
- Is process driven, with a growth mindset
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong ability to identify and solve problems
Jessup Manufacturing Company
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jessup Manufacturing Company