Bariatric surgery practice is looking for a registered dietitian who will serve as Nutrition Coordinator, providing nutritional counseling for bariatric surgery and medical weight loss patients in Freehold, NJ. Candidate should have experience with weight management and its related illnesses, including diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease, requires knowledge of the principles of weight loss surgery and the ability to analyze data, assess nutrition status and formulate nutrition care plans. Patients may be seen for: diabetes, weight loss, pre and post bariatric surgery and other nutrition related concerns. Must have effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work one-on-one with patients to help them achieve their goals and a lifestyle of health and happiness.
- Assesses patient nutrition requirements using appropriate physiological data.
- Recommends appropriate nutrition intervention to the bariatric surgery patient preoperatively and postoperatively based on subjective and objective data, including but not limited to, protein parameters, iron level, vitamin levels, and calcium level.
- Educates patient & provides appropriate resources.
- Develops nutrition care plans for patients based on medical nutrition therapy orders and/or assessment data, modifies these plans as necessary during treatment.
- Counsels patients / family on nutrition intervention plan.
- Plans & organizes support group meetings.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting, developing and updating nutrition education materials/handouts and revision of treatment protocols, according to evidence based medical nutrition therapy research and practice.
- Prepares patients for bariatric surgery.
- Completes timely, thorough, and professional documentation of all medical nutrition therapy.
- Excellent communications and computer skills.
- The ability to provide encouragement and support to each patient
- Participates in marketing initiatives.
Candidate must be willing to participate on monthly support group usually held in the evenings (1-2 times per month)
Degree in Nutrition Sciences
1:1 nutrition counseling experience
Experience and comfort level with public speaking.
Willingness to multi-task and uphold the standards for treatment at the practice.
Excellent communications and computer skills.
The ability to provide empathy, encouragement and support to each patient
Job Types: Full Time/Part Time
Salary: Based on experience
- Registered Dietitian: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nutrition Counseling: 2 years (Required)
Jersey Surgical Weight Control Cent