Production Supervisor (1st shift)
Jersey Staffing Solutions, LLC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: 1st Shift Production Supervisor
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Mt. Olive, NJ
Hours: This role would be responsible for starting up the plant in the morning – start time approximately 4:30 a.m. and the shift ends at 3:30 p.m., although the supervisor stays a bit longer to do the handoff to the afternoon supervisor. The employees work 10-hour shifts typically, 4 days a week with OT on Saturdays.
This position’s primary role will be to coordinate and supervise the activities and employees of the Manufacturing Plant, Warehouse Operations, and personnel as well as the Maintenance Department and their personnel. Establish and maintain a safe and efficient work environment. Enforce established company Safety, Quality, Operations and Human Resource policies.
What the 1st Shift Production Supervisor is Responsible for:
- Conducts training and coaching of Plant and Warehouse personnel using established SOP’s, with the prime focus always being Safety.
- Prepare, publish, review, and maintain SOP’s as necessary.
- Assign workstation assignments and rotations.
- Coordinate line Start-ups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Schedule and conduct shift Safety and Quality meetings.
- Responsible for Quality control of products produced during shift. This includes proper testing and screening of raw materials, line set-up and testing of line produced goods. Identification and management of rejected goods.
- Monitor inventories to maintain needed stocks of raw materials and finished goods to support production and customer demands.
- Maintain payroll and attendance documents and reports.
- Maintain Safety and Training records.
- Complete shift paperwork and publish Production Reports.
- Directs maintenance personnel in their daily duties of safely maintaining or repairing the Facility, the Plant and process equipment.
- Responsible for Quality control of all work.
- Manage Preventive Maintenance Program, activity logs and other documentation as required by the company or ISO plan.
- Constantly evaluates what activities need to implement to eliminate reactive maintenance and promote preventive maintenance
- Maintains inventory of tools, spares and other materials as needed for the Maintenance Department to support plant operations.
- Assist in planning and coordination of Projects.
- Assist in all areas of Process Safety Management and Process Hazard Analysis.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- Conduct Employee Performance Reviews
- Any and all other tasks as assigned by Plant Manager.
What experience we are looking for:
- BA / BS in related field is preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with industrial electrical systems and AB PLC controlled systems is highly desirable.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), and PLC / HMI systems is a plus.
Jersey Staffing and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employers.
**Please note, Jersey staffing does not currently have any mandatory vaccination policies for COVID-19. However, as Jersey Staffing is a placement agency, many of its clients do. Jersey Staffing is unaware of many client requirements until a conditional offer to engage a candidate is made. As such, candidates should be prepared to comply with client requirements in the event a candidate of Jersey Staffing is offered an engagement/assignment opportunity by a client. Any decision made by a client is solely the decision of the client and not a decision of Jersey Staffing, nor will Jersey Staffing be responsible for such. No medical or other information should be shared with Jersey Staffing unless specifically requested.
Jersey Staffing Solutions, LLC
Get fresh Machine Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.