Application Solutions Specialist - Polarion
Jersey Staffing Solutions, LLC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Application Solutions Specialist - Polarion
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Moonachie, NJ
Hours: 8:00am – 6:00pm
We are looking for an Application Specialist - Polarion in the Moonachie, NJ area. The person selected for this position will be responsible for providing technical and operational support, as well as day to day support for an IT application, supporting Siemens Polarion ALM. The candidate must be creative and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, be capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Act as primary Level 2 contact for Polarion ALM technical issues primarily dealing with the support team and 2nd level end user/client support.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from the level 1 support team experiencing problems with Polarion system issues.
- Design, scale, implement and deploy new standalone and clustered instances of Polarion ALM of both internally and for customers.
- Assist with Polarion integrations into customer and internal environments including, but not limited to, SSO, LDAP, Email, 3rd party apps with API.
- Act as primary point of contact for support for application runtime issues, integration troubleshooting, and other requests as needed.
- Assist sales with proposals and draft agreements.
- Collaborate with the Director of IT and team as issues and future challenges arise.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills of Polarion ALM through in-services, workshops, and/or seminars.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What experience we are looking for:
- High school diploma or higher education degree.
- Three to five years’ related experience, web server technologies and/or training.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Preferred knowledge of related Product tools such as IBM Rational Doors, IBM Rational RTC, PTC Integrity, Jama Contour, JIRA, Azure DevOps, ALM Quality Center, Cognition Cockpit, Codebeamer, Blueprint Software, HP ALM, and Microsoft TFS.
- Knowledge of Cloud based hosting including AWS.
- Familiar with LDAP or Identity providers such as Okta.
- Experience / knowledge with Apache Lucene, SQL.
- Working experience with Java, J2EE, Java Script, HTML, CSS, XML.
- Linux and Windows operating system knowledge.
- Proficiency with virtual machine support, VMWare preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to listen to users in a courteous and friendly manner, acknowledge the reality of their problems, translate their descriptions into technical terms, fix the problems, and explain the solutions in terms the users can understand.
- Ability to take ownership of customer issues and provide excellent and timely support to the PLM Team and clients, ensuring downtime and issues are kept to a minimum.
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of concrete variables, in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Professional disposition with an attitude of self-sufficiency and tenacity in getting the job done.
- Strong oral communication, listening, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to share knowledge with team members, management, and users.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to prioritize a workload with multiple tasks and multiple demands and meet due dates.
- Excellent organizational, time management and time tracking skills.
- Willingness to attack issues head on and have the diligence to see them through to resolution.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and drive projects.
- Ability to maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and end user feedback regarding their experience with Polarion ALM software.
Jersey Staffing and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employers.
**Please note, Jersey staffing does not currently have any mandatory vaccination policies for COVID-19. However, as Jersey Staffing is a placement agency, many of its clients do. Jersey Staffing is unaware of many client requirements until a conditional offer to engage a candidate is made. As such, candidates should be prepared to comply with client requirements in the event a candidate of Jersey Staffing is offered an engagement/assignment opportunity by a client. Any decision made by a client is solely the decision of the client and not a decision of Jersey Staffing, nor will Jersey Staffing be responsible for such. No medical or other information should be shared with Jersey Staffing unless specifically requested.
Jersey Staffing Solutions, LLC
Get fresh Solution Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!