Writer / Editor (Remote)
Jerry Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wed love to hear from you if you are looking for:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- $300 billion market opportunity
- Opportunity to help scale a rapidly growing content program
- Strong leadership team from companies like WikiHow, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Lending Club, SoFi, etc.
About the role:
You will be leading content development and execution within one or more verticals across our website, social channels, ad networks, and partner sites to grow our audience adoption and engagement. You will help lead a team of staff and freelance writers to craft the most engaging and compelling articles to help our customers make informed decisions about their two most valuable assets, their car and their home. For a self-starter who thrives in ambiguous situations and fast-paced environments, this role offers a huge opportunity to help shape the tone and voice of a new and quickly growing brand.
- Write and edit content across owned and social channels to scale our audience reach and engagement
- Leverage our data analytics and engineering teams to make insights-driven decisions about current and future topics that will best serve to address our customer pain points
- Meticulously monitor and analyze content performance in order to optimize impact for our readers
- Manage and mentor a team of staff and freelance writers
- Copyedit and fact-check a high volume of articles
- Maintain the Jerry brand across all digital media channels
- Bachelor Degree in a writing-intensive major (e.g. Journalism, Communications, English Literature, Media, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, etc.)
- 1-2 years of editing experience in a fast-paced (min. 50+ long-form research-intensive articles per month) digital environment publishing world-class content for a broad consumer audience
- Experience weaving SEO best practices into well-researched, informative articles
- Impeccable writing skills; ability to harness style, tone and voice to appeal to your target audience
- You set a high bar for yourself and for your team, and you are deeply accountable to your readers
Jerry is building the first financial platform for your car that helps people optimize the cost and experience of owning a car (making ownership easy & affordable). There are 240M cars in the US alone. For most people, cars are one of the most expensive assets they own and families on average spend 20% of their income on car expenses, making this a massive market.
We started with helping people optimize the cost of car insurance and our vision is to help people in every aspect of car ownership. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 18 months and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store). Jerry is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (Uber for car repair, the nations largest on-demand car repair company). We have raised over $50M+ in financing.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Jerry