We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant with extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy to join our team. We encourage you to apply if you thrive working in a team environment, can multi-task and prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. The Senior Accountant position offers a tremendous variety of challenging work.
The Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. The Senior Accountant prepares accurate and timely financial statements and documents. This position is responsible for performing balance sheet, revenue, expense, and payroll account reconciliations, as well as executing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and processing of live payrolls. The Senior Accountant analyzes financial statements for discrepancies and is a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas.
We offer competitive salary, health insurance, continuing education, flexible schedules and retirement savings with matching opportunity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of business registration filings.
- Prepare and present financial statements for review as directed including variance analysis vs. budget and prior year.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare quarterly sales tax returns, annual business property tax statements and other government filings.
- Annual 1099/1096 reporting.
- Reconcile ledger accounts: credit cards, accounts payables, accounts receivables, work-in-progress and bank accounts.
- Prepare live payrolls.
- Prepare and analyze payroll journal entries.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing.
- Prepares and record journal entries and perform reconciliations to support the monthly close, timely and in accordance with GAAP.
- Works collaboratively with clients to prepare accruals and estimates.
- Tracks company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Responsible for fixed asset roll forward and assigning depreciable lives.
- Supports the planning and execution of external client audits and review of business processes
- Monitors the workflow of accounting tasks/functions within the department; proactively make and implement recommendations that provide opportunities to increase the operational effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Ensures all state and local regulatory requirements are met timely.
- Assists with tax audits and tax returns.
- Other tasks may be assigned per management.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a CPA firm.
- Ability to work independently to perform trial balance clean-up and reconciliations to produce “review ready” work product.
- Highly organized, extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong decision-making ability.
- Advanced skills required in Microsoft Office applications and Quickbooks.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and with exceptional communication skills.
- Must be highly disciplined with project and task management.
- Experience with CCH Prosystem fx, CCH Axcess or Lacerte a plus.
- Income Tax preparation experience a plus.