Trade Compliance Specialist
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Ensuring Export/Import trade compliance management program (tcmp) in accordance with Jenoptik internal policies, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), OFAC regulations, U.S. customs laws as well as trade restrictions of the European Union (EU).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Support and strong alignment with the Empowered Official (EO) with projects, export license applications, documentation tasks and coordination, clarification of requirements, application and prosecution with case-by-case technical support from the export control officer of preliminary inquiries, export permits, examination of exemptions, embargoes and blocked business partners according to the anti-terror and embargo regulations, issuing and obtaining end-use declarations and import certificates, monitoring and compliance with the requirements of the export permits, requests to draft and submit EAR/ITAR/OFAC licenses, product classification requests and general correspondence, allowing adequate time for company and government review under the supervision of the EO.
• Coordinate inbound freight clearances with U.S. Customs, carriers, brokers and forwarders with support from the EO, as required.
• Coordinate and support import/export requirements with Shipping/Traffic Personnel and other departments, as required.
• Ensure timely submission of EAR licenses within the SNAP-R system. Work closely with company stakeholders to ensure that for each application, all required information is obtained and such information is complete and accurate.
• maintain, monitor and develop business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
• maintain, monitor and develop a good relationship with program counterparts and be aware of program developments to ensure export authorization needs are recognized in advance and addressed on a timely basis to support on-going business activities.
• maintain, monitor and develop operational processes for assuring trade compliance of export and import shipments; including IT-based processes in SAP GTS.
• maintain, monitor and develop complete and accurate documentation and records of exports, imports and U.S. Customs related activities, including records of all technical data transfers, defense services provided, ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions used and that an adequate audit trail is maintained. Ensure records are maintained for the required period of time. Ensure that record system allows for control and retrieval of information in regards to the ITAR, EAR, and other laws and regulatory requirements.
• Participation in the conception and implementation of training courses for the employees of the company.
• Assist EO in the development and implementation of Product Classification Data, ECCN/USML Classification, Harmonized Tariff/Schedule B Classification (goods, technology, software), according to German, European and American export lists/laws in cooperation with the respective departments, as well as examination of approval requirements according to US export control law or other foreign export control law regimes.
• Cooperation in the control and release of all cross-border movements of goods & documents.
• Utilize Visual Compliance restricted party screening tool.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Participation in the improvement process Jenoptik
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with U.S. export control and customs laws, including the most important trade restrictions of the EU
- Structured, systemic & accurate and reliable work
- Ability to work in a team and communicate, forward-looking work, personality with integrity
- Very good handling of PC and standard software MS Office applications, good handling in SAP (SD, MM, GTS)
- Ability to receive further training in export control and customs law
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Be part of an exciting and evolving company that designs and builds high performance and innovative products used around the world.
Jenoptik is an industry leader in high performance optical systems and healthcare & industry solutions. Optical technologies are the very basis of our business. Our customers primarily include companies in the semiconductor equipment, automotive and automotive supplier, medical technology, defense and security as well as the aviation industries. With more than 30 facilities across the globe and 8 offices in the US, Jenoptik is present in more than 80 countries. Join us to make a difference and experience Sharing Excellence on a global scale.
Jenoptik North America, Inc.Jupiter, FL
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.