We are a globally operating technology group present in over 80 countries, which is active in the three segments Optics & Life Science, Mobility and Defense & Civil Systems. Optical technologies are the very basis of our business with the majority of our products and services being provided to the photonics market. Our markets primarily include the semiconductor equipment industry, the medical technology, automotive and mechanical engineering, traffic, aviation as well as the security and defense technology industries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
1) Responsible for managing the company's portfolio of Engineering Development proposals.
a) Manages multiple simultaneous proposal opportunities spread across multiple locations including on site at customers and/or other teaming partners.
b) Maintains the funnel of proposals from concept through award decisions.
c) Gathers and analyzes data and makes decisions, suggestions, and recommendations for the 5 year plan.
2) Manages the proposal review, preparation and submission process.
a) Reads and understands a written program proposal and identifies gaps and weaknesses as it relates to the proposal requirements.
b) Clarify, correct or negotiate change to proposal requirements during the early stages of review.
c) Reads and understands proposal requirements and translates those into tactical direction to the proposal team.
d) Solicits internal input in regards to resources and process requirements, operational impact and scheduling considerations.
e) Edits and prepares proposal submissions.
f) Makes Bid/No Bid recommendations to the Leadership Team.
3) Actively manages the communication, participation and responsiveness of the organization.
a) Leads proposal teams under pressure to tight deadlines.
b) Provides presentations to Senior Leadership team and SOC on as needed basis.
c) Provides analysis of Bid and Proposal activity and provides updated reports.
d) Responsible for preparing summary reports in support of monthly communications meetings. Works with business development (BD) to ensure the quality of data in Saleforce.com relating to the short term opportunity and life time opportunity.
e) Works with sales department forecasting to ensure accurate bookings forecasts.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
5+ years in Program Management or Business Development role.
Demonstrated analytical skills.
Experience with program management in an electro-mechanical design/development and manufacturing/production environment
Minimum Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Physics.
Advanced business degree is a plus.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
• Microsoft Project skills required.
• Strong leadership skills. Must be persuasive and have strong leadership skills and ability to motivate individual
personnel and functional teams to mutually agree on resolutions to open items.
• Flexibility, versatility, and comfort level for working with multiple individuals and personalities.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Sense of Urgency.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Familiar with business development, marketing, and negotiation techniques.
• Excellent communication, motivational, and presentation skills.
• Proficient in all standard desktop software tools such as MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Intermediate PowerPoint skills required.
Performs all other duties as assigned