RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Performs inspection of various parts and components (metal, glass, electrical, electronic and general hardware, etc.) purchased from suppliers and vendors or produced internally using quality plans, drawings & purchase order requirements.
- Will utilize hand held measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, drop indicators, etc.) in both metric and english units. May use comparison standards, Go-NoGo Gauges, testing stands or fixtures.
- Will perform tests procedures, visual inspections and documentation review as part of the verification of parts and components. May include sorting and sample testing.
- Performs preliminary assembly of components to assess form, fit and function of mated parts.
- Conduct in-process inspection as necessary of assembled parts.
- Supports the inspection of glass blanks (raw material) on an as needed basis
- Documents and maintains inspection results (hard & soft) as required.
- Documents nonconformance of material that do not meet drawing specifications.
- Provides accurate data entry for all material status within the company ERP (SAP) system.
- Will organize and stage material for inspection priority as part of the inspection team function.
- Keeps work area organized and appropriately maintains identification and compliance status of material waiting to be inspected or moved to other designated locations.
- Prepares completed inspected products and properly identifies material before moving to Inventory Control
- Supports in-house calibrations of measurement tools within the facility.
- Supports Shipping/Receiving function as necessary to receive materials or package and ship product.
- Must follow all safety, cleanliness and material handling (ESD) requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Must be proficient in mechanical inspection methods, techniques and measuring tools & equipment.
- Minimum 1 year of inspection, testing or quality control (QC) experience.
- Capable math skills a must. Able to measure and calculate dimensions in both metric and English units.
- Must be detail oriented and focused on verifying inspection requirements to exacting tolerances.
- Must have good computer skills and data entry experience,
- Flexible hours, hardworking team player able to complete and support delivery schedules.
- Basic knowledge of Geometrical dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) is desired.
- Experience in an ISO9000/AS9100 or similar certified organization is a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship or Qualified US Worker
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision must be correctable so that employee may visually detect scratches and digs.