Director of Nursing
- Posted: over a month ago
Director of Nursing
Jennings | Life As It Should Be
At Jennings, each person helps to nurture our values-based culture.
Our values are more than words, they are expectations for an environment where people are caring and respectful, as well as creative and fun!
Are you a nursing leader who wants a professional role that matches your soul? Jennings open position for Director of Nursing will embrace your clinical leadership, your vision and your know-how. You will have the responsibilities of a system clinical leader but the daily joy of being among those we serve every single day. If that sounds like a career that you could love apply today! Come help us celebrate our 80th year!
Title: Director of Nursing
Status: Full Time
Requirements for the Director of Nursing:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science Degree.
- In-depth knowledge of long-term care clinical/health services.
- Leadership skills: coaching, team building, goal setting, decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- In-depth emotional intelligence: demonstrated self-awareness and accurate self-assessment, sensitivity and empathy, openness, reliability and consistency.
- Seasoned level of clinical management experience in long term care environment.
Responsibilities of a Director of Nursing:
- Assume administrative responsibility and accountability for functions, activities, and education of nursing and direct care staff.
- Provide oversight of the MDS, Care Planning process and Restorative Programs.
- Direct the development of goals and objectives, performance standards, and policies and procedures.
- Assess Resident care needs and assist in the development of individualized plans of resident care.
- Evaluate Resident care as related to individualized Resident needs, family involvement and the physician's plan for care of the Resident.
- Attend Resident care conferences on a weekly basis and conduct if needed.
- Assess Resident responses to medication and treatments and make appropriate recommendations for nursing action to be implemented.
- Conduct daily Resident rounds and report problems to the Administrator and/or Medical Director.
- Delivering quality care with joy & compassion since 1942, Jennings provides choices as unique as each individual: from a variety of Senior Care options, Rehabilitation Services and Child Care!
- Recognized as an Employer of Choice for over a decade!
Garfield Heights: This centrally located campus, offers choices from independent living residences to long-term care. We also provide community-based services such as adult day services, child and infant care, short-term skilled nursing and rehabilitation, home care and hospice.
Benefits offered by Jennings:
- Health Insurance Plans, medical coverage with MMO
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Savings Program (403B) with generous match.
- Superwell Programs to support fitness and overall health and well being
- Smartchoice Patient Outreach Program, GoodRX, and Nurseline
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Scheduling Options
- Faith based, mission driven organization.
- Values of Respect, Compassion, Discovery of Potential, Celebration of Life and Community
- Daily/Weekly Pay with PayActive
- Sparkling clean beautiful environment.
HealthcareView all jobs at Jennings