IT Security Engineer
Jenlyn LLC Hampton, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Jenlyn Solutions has an immediate opening for a full-time IT Security Engineer to support the Enterprise Applications Service Technologies (EAST 2) Contract at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia. The position involves working with the Center Operations Directorate (COD) team to provide security and system admin support. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for evaluating, creating, and maintaining security protocols to protect information, network and computer systems. The candidate will also be responsible for providing system admin support related to system security, OS support and system backup and recovery. We are seeking for someone who is a problem-solver in finding creative solutions to cyber security problems and self-directed with a strong technical knowledge of digital security solutions.
· Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
· Plan, develop, implement, and update information security strategy.
· Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis.
· Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
· Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
· Report possible threats or software issues.
· Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems.
· Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
· Provide OS support such as troubleshooting, upgrade planning and execution.
· Provide systems backup and recovery support.
· Provide networking support, submit IP requests, NAC GW entries.
· Create and maintain system level diagrams.
· Educate and train team members on information system security best practices.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
· 5+ years of work experience as a System Security Engineer or related position
· Proven experience developing, operating and maintaining security systems
· Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
· Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
· Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
· In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
· Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
· Excellent communication skills
· Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM desired
· Must be US Citizen
· Must be able to obtain NASA NACI clearance equivalent to a public trust – does not need to be completed in order to start
August 31, 2021
TechnologyView all jobs at Jenlyn LLC