Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is searching for our next Nashville Fulfillment Manager to join our team.
The Fulfillment Manager will:
- Plan and manage daily tasks within Jeni’s warehouse; including but not limited to shipping, receiving, scoop shop deliveries & replenishment
- Manage and approve time cards for employees
- Be responsible for inventory control for Jeni’s items in region
- Complete monthly physical inventory counts for Jeni’s items
- Facilitate R&M for Jeni’s assets in region
- Provide and administer training and documentation for Jeni’s standard processes
- Ensure adherence to Food Safety and FSMA requirements
- Partner with sanitation team to ensure cleanliness of building and vehicles
- Develop staffing plans according to the needs of the business
- Ownership of cost for Jeni’s regional operation
- Assist in space and throughput planning for Jeni’s regional operations
- Communicate in a professional manner throughout Jeni’s organization and with customers as needed
- Lead continual improvement projects for Jeni’s network
- Be accountable for development and mentorship of direct reports
- Facilitate inventory movement to support sales in Jeni’s operations
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Microsoft Office experience
- ERP or WMS experience
- Ability to complete all basic and on-going training
- Adaptable to an ever-changing landscape
- Detailed and results oriented
- Experience in leading and coaching small teams
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Can tolerate temperatures down to -20 degrees Fahrenheit
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream is a dynamic, Columbus-based nationwide company that prides itself on providing the world's most splendid ice cream to customers across the country. To facilitate our ever-growing demand, Jeni’s is looking to hire individuals who are excellence-driven, creative, coachable, dependable, willing to learn, and embody our company mantra of Talent, Hustle, and Guts. Jeni’s offers the following employment benefits:
- A one-month paid sabbatical after 3 years of continuous service
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options (for full-time employees)
- Holidays and paid time off
- 4% match on 401k contributions after 1 year of employment (for qualifying employees)
- Annual paid day to volunteer for a non-profit organization that matters to you
- 50% discount at Jeni’s Scoop Shops and online
We are absolutely devoted to making better ice creams and bringing people together. We believe that REALLY great ice cream served perfectly in a sparkling and beautiful space, with attentive and in-the-moment service brings people together and helps them connect. And that sometimes sparks fly. And that there should be more sparks flying, generally. We like to make people feel good.
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams was founded in 2002 by James Beard Award-winning cookbook author Jeni Britton Bauer. Britton Bauer’s ahead-of-the-trend vision—using whole ingredients and dairy from grass-pastured cows, rather than synthetic flavorings and commodity ice cream mix—coupled with inspired flavors, sparked the artisan ice cream movement more than a decade before it would become a top food trend. Today, Jeni’s is a certified B Corporation and multi-channel retailer with 34 company-owned scoop shops, a robust e-commerce presence, and distribution in top groceries across the country.
Our Ice Creams:
Our ice creams have a uniquely smooth texture and buttercream body, with bright flavor and clean finish (we don’t use synthetic flavorings, dyes, or off-the-shelf mixes). You may notice the absence of a long list of stabilizers and emulsifiers on our label; we prefer the more complex process of building texture and flavor without them. Our flavors stand alone straight from the pint or melt perfectly into a fruit pie, birthday cake, crumble, crisp, or cookie—the perfect accessory for your dessert.
The Fellowship Model:
It takes a community of people to build ice cream from the ground up: growers, makers, producers, suppliers, customers. We call it the fellowship model—combining values from the good food world with tools from the 21st century. We believe we get higher quality ingredients when we have relationships with the people we’re buying from, so we buy direct whenever we can. Making ice cream this way requires more work and skill than traditional ice creams made with flavorings and colorings, but we think it’s worth it.
Jeni’s is a Certified B Corporation endorsed by the international nonprofit B Lab as a company that meets rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Using Direct Trade and Fair Trade ingredients, employing a diverse team of people, working with women- and minority-owned businesses—it’s all part of how we operate and an important part of our company culture.