- Posted: over a month ago
The Area Manager will oversee 8 DMV shops, ensuring that they offer world-class customer service while building community at each location. This person will provide direction and leadership for their team of Shopkeepers while overcoming challenges and working towards each shop’s financial and operational goals, and will provide critical leadership as we execute our market expansion plans.
- Coach and lead with Shopkeepers to maintain a healthy, thriving work environment for/with Team Jeni’s.
- Lead with Shopkeepers and in partnership with cross-functional partners at the Home Office and in Warehousing, Fulfillment and Production, towards effective collaboration and attainment of goals
- Lead and support the opening of new shops that are ready to provide exceptional customer service and ice creams, and exemplify our Team Jeni’s values on day 1.
- Develop strategies and communicate objectives for shops to ensure long-term success
- Optimize and oversee operations to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Ensure compliance with our policies and initiatives
- Creative problem solving
- Evaluate performance and help with solutions and best practices
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is kind-hearted, resilient, interpersonally skillful, and has great judgement and intuition about people leadership and retail operations.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has drive and energy, and naturally enjoys serving their team and customers
- Will enjoy traveling between all Atlanta shops with some regularity
- Has experience opening new locations
- Is highly organized, self-motivated and excels in a team environment
- Has knowledge and appreciation of what makes Jeni's, both the ice creams and the company, unique and splendid
- Committed to the well-being of their teams, their community, and the environment around them
The right candidate must have:
- Operations experience including managing budgets and P&Ls
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required)
- Extensive experience in customer service, with a focus on developing team members to next level positions
- 2 + years experience managing 2 or more stores, departments or units in a retail or food operation, with a focus on both service and operations
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent insurance (health, dental, vision, dental)
- Paid time off, including sick, vacation, and holiday pay
- 401k participation and 4% match on 401k contributions after 3 months of employment
- A one-month paid sabbatical after 3 years of continuous service
- Annual paid day to volunteer for a non-profit organization that matters to you
- 50% discount at Jeni’s Scoop Shops and online
About Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams:
Founded by Jeni Britton in 2002, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams is a B Corp headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with scoop shops in over twenty cities across the country, making it possible for members of Team Jeni’s who are interested in developing their careers, or transitioning to a new city, to have meaningful opportunities to learn, grow, and explore.
Our Area Managers make a difference in the shops, their community, and in how they lead their team and serve customers. If this opportunity sounds delicious to you, please apply.
While upholding rigorous safety and cleanliness standards has always been part of how we operate at Jeni's, due to Covid-19 we have added additional measures in our scoop shops to optimally support the safety and health of our employees and customers.
Jeni's is an equal opportunity employer. Said our way, we love and honor differences, and we love sharing common values such as talent, hustle, guts, resilience, and empathy. Our differences are a primary source of our team's strength and we crave having a team rich with diversity which is creativity and art in its human form.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
Jenis Splendid Ice Creams LLC.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?