The primary responsibility of the Vocational/Educational Coordinator is to ensure that clients receiving services in Jenesse’s programs are better equipped with viable skills that will enable them to obtain employment. The Vocational/Educational Coordinator is responsible for In accomplishing these tasks, the coordinator will work with local employment agencies, local colleges and universities, if applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all activities associated with preparing clients for employment and/or job training/educational opportunities;
- Ensure that clients receive on-site job readiness skills assessment in the area of typing, computer literacy including basic word processing concepts;
- Provide employment, education counseling and job training assistance including resume preparation, interviewing skills and proper dress;
- Conduct outreach to business community within Jenesse’s service area;
- Conduct classes using the “Allstate Financial Freedom” curriculum;
- Develop additional training classes and curriculum that will aid clients seeking employment,
- Represent Jenesse at outreach and training events in compliance to contractual agreements (Job club presentation, DPSS, WorkSource);
- Establish and maintain relationships with local colleges and universities;
- Attend job fairs on behalf of the agency;
- Maintain bank of employment and training opportunities;
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials;
- Plan, develop and provide training using knowledge of effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, meeting, conferences and workshops;
- Sponsor in-house professional training programs and seminars for clients;
- Work with case manager to ensure that all activities are in concert with clients’ goals;
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Must have a BA in business or a related field; must have experience working with multi-cultural clients. Must have excellent communication skills and be highly organized and detail oriented. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have proof of employment authorization (if not a US citizen). Must be drug-free, non-alcohol abusing and able to work in a smoke free environment.