Poker Dealer / Part Time
Jena Choctaw Pines Casino Dry Prong, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
SUPERVISOR: Director of Gaming Machine Operations EXEMPT (Y/N): NO
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
A Poker Dealer handles buy-ins and collects rake. He/she deals cards and verifies exchange of cards from Floor Person or Shift Manager.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Monitors the performance of poker dealers, ensuring adherence to Casino policies and procedures.
- Maintain a friendly relationship with customers.
- Responsible for dealing a variety of Poker games.
- Exchange cash for playing chips.
- Deal cards according to Casino Standard Procedures.
- Responsible for table security at all times.
- Maintains a clean and neat table at all times.
- Provides our guests with excellent guest service.
- Ensures quality guest service standards are met and dealers behave in a professional and courteous fashion.
- Ensures the accounting, accuracy, and security of all games during their shift.
- Ensures compliance of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains poker equipment.
- Ensures the integrity of games.
- Communicates to Poker Supervisors, Poker Manager Team member issues and reports all monetary exceptions.
S U P E R V I S O R Y R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S :
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization "policies, procedures and applicable laws."
- Request for Fills/credit.
- Jackpot payout form.
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years of supervisory experience in the gaming industry or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must possess problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Native American culture, Tribal Governmental operations.
- Knowledge in casino gaming operations.
- Knowledge of all applicable Tribal, Federal and State gaming regulations.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Test will be given at time of interview.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret operating procedures, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Required to comprehend detailed and lengthy documents, rules and regulations, reports, logs, procedure manuals and other correspondence.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Valid driver's license; adequate transportation.
- Ability to pass an extensive background check.
- Must take and pass a pre-employment drug test. Must take and pass any random drug test, zero tolerance.
- Tribal preference.
- Gaming Industry experience is preferred.
- Must be auditioned and meet the Casino requirements for dealing efficiency.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Jena Choctaw Pines Casino
AddressDry Prong, LA
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Jena Choctaw Pines Casino