We are seeking a Medical Assistant // Receptionist to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
Responsible for direct patient care and the assisting of the physician or mid-level practitioner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Other duties may be assigned.
1. Scheduling and canceling patient appointments
2. Checking-in and checking-out patients
3. Entering charges and payments
4. Answering the telephone -setting up phone encounters
5. Verifying patient insurance and demographics
6. Collection of co-payments/coinsurance and personal balances
7. Performs selected administrative duties and assists nursing staff.
8. May collect patient specimens.
9. Vital signs
10. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
11. Gives injections, and applies casts, splints, and dressings, as applicable.
12. Prepares and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
13. Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
14. Perform other duties as required.
15. Must read, understand, and adhere to all practice policies and procedures.
16. Other tasks as assigned
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may
change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college and at least 1 year Certified Medical Assistant
experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience where two years related experience
equals one year of schooling.
Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
Skill in taking vital signs.
Skill in maintain records and recording test results.
Ability to maintain quality control standards.
Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to communicate clearly.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret survey data, documents and guidelines. Ability to write reports
and create business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and
respond to questions from managers, doctors, and patients. Ability to explain reports and justify actions
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn new software easily.
Meets the following skill level requirements:
Excel 2010 X Basic Intermediate Advanced
Microsoft Word X Basic Intermediate Advanced
Microsoft Outlook X Basic Intermediate Advanced
Microsoft Powerpoint X Basic Intermediate Advanced
Certificates and Licenses:
MA certificate or higher
PHYSICAL DEMANDS HAZARDS
Manual Dexterity, Eye-hand coordination
Exposure to toxic/caustic/chemicals, detergents
Full range of body motion to maneuver weight of patients
Exposure to extreme conditions (hot/cold)
Stand, Walk for prolonged periods of time
Exposure to dust/fumes
Reach above shoulder Exposure to x-ray, electromagnetic energy
Repetitive arm/hand movements Exposure to high pitched noises
Color Vision Exposure to communicable diseases
Sight Acuity – far, near, depth perception
Exposure to blood borne pathogens
Push/pull weight of up to _50__ lbs
Ability to work under stress, or in emergency situations
Sitting for long periods of time
Reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling
Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder
Sense of smell/taste
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Handle all duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff as required
- Communicate with insurance companies for proper billing procedures
- Escort patients to exam rooms
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures, referrals medication reconciliation,
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment