- Prepares examination room for each patient
- Obtains patient history, performs routine vision examinations, administers eye medications and assists with minor office procedures.
- Reviews the appointment schedule, completes forms, and processes records as needed.
- Cleans and maintains ophthalmic instruments. Maintains and stocks supplies as needed.
- Performs ophthalmic diagnostic tests (Manifest Refractions, Visual Fields, OCT, Topography, Tonometry, Biometry, Pachymetry)
- Assist physician with treatments (Avastin, Eyelea and Botox).
- Eprescribes or Calls in medications and handles PA’s for patients.
- Goes to satellite office 1 day each month (mileage is reimbursed)
- High School Diploma / Some college preferred
- Two or more years’ experience as Ophthalmic Technician
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills required