Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
PT: Saturday/Sunday 6:00am - 6:00pm (24 hours per week)
Medical Support Specialist Position Purpose:
Supports and facilitates the psychiatrist conducting psychiatric assessment through telepsychiatry at the facility. Responsibilities Include:
- Ascertain how many new clients psychiatrist needs to see for the day. Maintain schedule of clients, log into telepsychiatry, monitor client, and help them meet with the psychiatrist.
- Write up the initial IPE for psychiatrist. Utilize the data sheet, pre-intake screen, nursing assessments and initial psychiatric evaluation from the referral source. Communicate information regarding lab work as well as the medications clients are taking.
- Meet with each client who will be meeting with the psychiatrist individually to affirm all the information in the IPE is correct.Take notes during each telepsychiatry meeting between client and psychiatrist, filling in the IPE in more depth and send the new, updated IPE to each psychiatrist.
- Communicate to nursing any information given by the psychiatrist post telepsychiatry.
- Supervise clients in telepsychiatry meeting, maintain a safe environment. Communicate concerns with milieu staff and other team members (ie nurses, therapists, etc.).
- Fulfill any needs directed by the psychiatrist (ie: communicate with nursing, schedule an additional telepsychiatry meeting, obtain further information from milieu and therapists).
- Attend rounds when appropriate and coordinate schedule with psychiatrists schedules.
- Successfully completes all required training in a timely manner and maintain up to date certifications in CPR, First Aid, and CPI. Must be willing and able to perform physical restraints with clients using required CPI techniques.Displays understanding of low level interventions and has the ability to manage crisis situations using Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), in order to ensure safety of clients and staff.
- Commits to and maintains appropriate boundaries at all times by reviewing training materials and questioning shift leader if in doubt.
- Demonstrates such positive and appropriate team member attributes as accountability, follow through, responsiveness, initiative, and willingness to contribute to the mission of the team.
- Follows organizational procedures for covering telepsychiatry. Schedules time off and complete schedule adjustment forms within appropriate time frames in order to insure adequate staffing at all times for the safety and security of staff and clients.
- Follows training guidelines and attends necessary training classes to meet requirements for licensure of the organization and for licensure of the employee when specified by the position. Must provide all required training paperwork to human resources/training manager to be placed in personnel/training files and recorded in the Essential Learning system so that all may be reviewed during state audits.
- Demonstrates positive and appropriate communication skills with clients, families and co-workers, maintaining respect, tact, courtesy, and adherence to agency policies; demonstrates positive verbal problem solving skills as needed.
- Follows all Jefferson Hills Policies and Procedures, particularly but not limited to confidentiality, sexual harassment/harassment, dual relationships, and physical, sexual abuse reporting, Corporate Compliance, and Code of Ethics/Conduct.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Minimum: High school diploma plus 2 year relevant experience, AA or BA/BS plus relevant experience. Some experience may be substituted for the required education.
- Knowledge of psychological, behavioral, and social systems principles, family systems theory and interventions as they relate to the job.
- Capable of high quality documentation.
- Ability to teach and work with mentally ill clients.
- Experience in mental health or related field in inpatient, residential, crisis prevention, juvenile corrections, or other similar settings.
- Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE