Edu Coord/SPED Teacher Youth Day Treatment Program - FT Bonus $4000
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have a passion for helping children/youth improve their lives and plan for a brighter future?
At Jefferson Hills, that is what our dedicated hard-working team does every day. We pride ourselves on our innovative and adaptable approach when taking on the individual challenges each child/youth and family is facing. Currently we are seeking out an education coordinator/special education teacher to join our team working in our day treatment program, with mainly youth who are on the spectrum.
Our interdisciplinary team coordinates care and treatment, giving the children/youth and families the tools they need to move forward. Together we are committed to social justice and inclusion while maintaining a non-judgmental approach. If this sounds like the kind of life-changing career path you want to be a part of, apply with your resume, and join our goal of a brighter future for Colorado’s families.
Education Coordinator / SPED Teacher Description:
Our education coordinator/teacher will work directly with our management team and students providing a safe and predictable environment. This hybrid position will be responsible for assisting the program director with required student documentation, attending student team meetings, communicating with the state and school districts to ensure coordination of service and relevant requirements, staff development, and much more.
Additionally, through creativity and individualized programming, you would develop a curriculum that is as unique for each student as they are. This person would be a key player in engaging and encouraging our students with diverse behavioral and mental health issues in a small private school program, as well as being a role model and developing an effective team.
Schedule is Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Salary is $59,420 - $65,604 depending on experience
Masters/Licensed/Special Education Teacher:
$2000 paid 30 days following completion of new hire training, $2000 at 9 month anniversary.
Jefferson Hills is a trail blazer in providing intensive residential programs since 1993. In 2011, we started our hospital alternative and child/youth crisis stabilization units. Through evidence-based practices and a therapeutic approach, we have served over 12,000 Colorado youth, ages 5-18 ½ in our CSU programs. Our multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurses, licensed clinicians, certified teachers, milieu counselors, teacher’s aides, and administrative personnel work together to meet the needs of our youth through New Vistas CSU and our day treatment program (Jefferson Hills Academy).
- Generous health, dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Retirement investment option (403B) that we match up to 4% after one year
- PTO plans start after your first month and increase the longer you stay
- Free meals prepared by our wonderful dietary staff
- Life insurance
- Long term and short-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life Assistance Program
- Ongoing professional development and learning opportunities
- Providing leadership to the education team.
- Communicate and collaborate with the state, counties, and school districts to ensure coordination of service and adherence to all relevant requirements.
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all policies and procedures of CDE, CDHS, accrediting agencies, and Jefferson Hills.
- Coordinate staff development training, program observations, and on-going training of education personnel.
- Coordinate all state assessments including CMAS, GED, SAT, and ACT.
- Maintain a safe and secure classroom with the help of other team members. This can sometimes require the need for using trained physical restraint techniques.
- Prepare and individualize lesson plans.
- Work with the program director and other teachers to implement and communicate IEPs, as well as attend/participate in IEP meetings.
- Document and maintain transition goals, student records, academic progress reports, discharge summaries, and other required student records.
- Complete initial and on-going training.
To be Considered:
- Positive, patient, and empathetic
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, dependable
- Healthy boundaries
- M.A. in Special Education
- Current Colorado Department of Education Teaching License with Special Education Generalist Endorsement K-12.
- Must have at least 5 years of combined experience as a SPED teacher and/or similar job duties as the educational coordinator.
- Understanding of the financial working of facility school.
- Valid driving license.
- Strong computer skills.
- Able to pass background checks, driving records checks, and a drug test (including marijuana.)
Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: In accordance with Jefferson Hills’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and in accordance with the Colorado State Board of Health’s Emergency Rules as a licensed facility with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), all new hires must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the time of hire or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson Hills prior to being hired to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and their families.
421 ZANG STDenver, CO
Get fresh Live in Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.