Occupational Therapist - Rehab - Per Diem
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Announcement # 010-2022
Jefferson Healthcare (www.jeffersonhealthcare.org) looking for a dedicated and compassionate per diem Occupational Therapist to join our Rehab team. We have a tight-knit team that is committed to providing the very best patient care. We love where we work and we are excited to introduce it to you! If you are looking to work with an exceptional team of professionals, we encourage you to consider Jefferson Healthcare. Work where your talent is truly appreciated.
Per diem employees may work 0-16 hours per week.
Who are you?
- Independent self-starter
- Comfortable and adaptable to diverse situations
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Compassionated and caring
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package that is ranked in the top 1% in the state!
- Medical, dental, vision, retirement, PTO and more!
- Additional 15% of base wages
- Hands-on training
- Opportunities for advancement
Evaluates and treats patients referred for occupational therapy. Directs and assists patients in a program of strength and flexibility exercises, upper extremity muscle re-education, functional transfers, pain relief and donning and doffing orthotic/prosthetics. Performs occupational therapy treatments such as training in adaptive equipment and assistive devices, using physical modalities including heat, cold, water, massage, manual techniques, joint mobilization, electrical stimulation, and other modalities as per training.
Required Education and Experience
- Current Occupational Therapist, Washington State license in good standing required
- Graduate of an approved OT program required
- Current BLS required
- Two years' experience preferred in outpatient setting, one year inpatient or SNF desirable
- Leadership skills preferred
- Ability to demonstrate values-based behavior
- Requires interpersonal skills, training, teamwork, problem analysis, customer service, independent judgment or action
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to remain professional and exhibit spirit of helpfulness
- Ability to apply safety measures appropriate to customer's age and development
- Ability to work effectively and communicate appropriately for individual's age and development
- Uses reference material when appropriate to better meet the requirements of individuals of different needs and development
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English; additional languages preferred
- Ability to follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of patient information
- Ability to read, interpret and follow documents such as policies and procedures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, medical records, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and safety rules
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations necessary to position
- Computer knowledge, including: EMR, word processing, e-mail and other work-related computer systems
- Ability to direct the work of others, delegating and setting clear expectations
- Demonstrates effective hand hygiene and universal precautions; reports infection risks and threats using the organization's reporting system or discussing with leadership/Infection Control. Follows all Jefferson Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures.
Per diem employees may work 0-16 hours per week.
To apply for this position and future positions, please visit our careers website at https://jeffersonhealthcare.org/healthcare-careers/
This position will remain open until filled.
Who We Are
Jefferson Healthcare is one of the Top Employers on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula and in close proximity to Seattle, Victoria, BC and Vancouver. We are a DNV accredited, 5 Star rated 25-bed Critical Access Hospital with six rural health clinics and a wide scope of specialty services; we provide exceptional care for more than 25,000 residents of East Jefferson County. We have numerous accreditations and awards and are recognized as Achieving Best Care by the Washington State Hospital Association. If you are looking to work with an exceptional team of professionals, we encourage you to consider Jefferson Healthcare. Work where your talent is truly appreciated.
Port Townsend has been named as one of the coolest small towns in America ... with good reason. There are festivals almost every weekend, endless recreational/hiking/skiing/sailing activities, great places to eat, and a strong and vibrant community feel. National Geographic calls Port Townsend "one of the most sophisticated places west of Seattle" and we continue to receive awards year after year, such as 50 Safest Cities in Washington (Safewise.com), and 16 Best Places to Live in the US in 2015 (nearby Port Angeles by Outdoors Magazine). Come check us out!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressPort Townsend, WA
HealthcareView all jobs at Jefferson Healthcare